A few xampp questions

JackPike

Ok I have my xampp up and running and everything seems to be running fine but where do I save my files to view using the localhost I have place a couple in htdocs to test but cannot view anything when I run the browser

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

Slowly getting there with the first steps of php one thing I have learnt is to use a story board so you can rember what is what or else you will be in a mess trying to remember what each file does

Edited by JackPike

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

The way that I use is to add comments into the files at certain sections describing what that particular section does.

This is a very very cut down version of one of my php files, if you look at it in an editor with syntax highlighting you`ll see that each line beginning with "//" or "/*" will not be parsed by php and will be ignored.

eg:

<?php// Include functions.php as it holds certain info which is neededinclude('functions.php');// See if the form had been submitted// If yes, run this section// If no, then ignore this section and continue with the nextif(isset($_POST['Submit'])){	// Grab the info from the submitted form and make safe	$town = htmlentities(mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['town']));	/* -- SNIP -- */	$species = htmlentities(mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['species']));		// Start building the MySQL Query and put it into an array	if($club_name)	{		$whereParts[] = "club_name LIKE '%$club_name%'";	}		/* -- SNIP -- */	if($closed_season)	{		$whereParts[] = "close_season = '%$closed_season%'";	}			// Put the array into $whereClause	$whereClause = implode(' OR ', $whereParts);	// Build the query	$sql = "SELECT * FROM clubs WHERE " . $whereClause;		// Connect to the MySQL server	db_connect();	// Run the MySQL query and output the results	/* -- SNIP -- */}// If the above has been ignored, then run this sectionelse{	// Grab the header and show what should be in the browser title from functions.php	show_header($title = "Search Angling Clubs");	echo '<form id="clubs_search" name="clubs_search" method="post" action="search.php">
<table width="100%" border="1">
 <tr>';

/* -- SNIP -- */

echo '</table>
</form>';

// Show the footer of the page
show_footer();
}

?>