Who cares?

Guest Silver Back

I certainly do, but rarely post these days, cos I cant be bothered with the 'round and round and rou . . . eventualy disappearing up their own fishy political a***h*les'. So before the mediator see this as a 'move it' post. . . .

Some hard fishing facts, there is a spring run happening off Essex, Suffolk, codling 3-5lbs, with the od 6-7lb'er. Before you turn your nose up, this was about the stamp of spring run fish I remember back in the late eighties, when winter codding was at its best in East Anglia/Thames Estuary waters. This run is besides the Roka and still the occasional decent Bass!

So 'who cares' I do! go get em, but be sensible, take what you need, put the rest back. Fish are not in the numbers they were in those heady days 20 years ago. You cant just drop the anchor any where, but thats part of the fun, finding the spot??

:ph34r:

Good to read a fishy posting, keep them coming Cliff.

I'm looking forward to your reports, when you manage to get out, this wind doesn't help. :wallbash:

Also some good Photos, now your getting used to that Box Browny :blink:

Have you had your backside scraped n polished, those barnicals can be a pain. :boat:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

n[/i] polished, those barnicals can be a pain. :boat: [/color]

Suppose some would enjoy that! :P

Sorry couldnt resist! :thumbs::bicycle:

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

Top mail Cliff - go get 'em. You may be interested to know that my Lowestoft drought is over - likewise some crackin' codling to 4lb. The sea seems to be alive with 'em. You beauties ........ :clap2:

I'm shore now for a couple of weeks - the usual bottom scraping and exercising of biceps :unsure:

Gonna be afloat before Easter so I might well venture down your way. Mind you the waters round here have suddenly dealt some dice in my favour

Take care and tight lines :thumbs:

CD

I'm just a beer drinker with a fishing problem ....

Top mail Cliff - go get 'em. You may be interested to know that my Lowestoft drought is over - likewise some crackin' codling to 4lb. The sea seems to be alive with 'em. You beauties ........ :clap2:

I'm shore now for a couple of weeks - the usual bottom scraping and exercising of biceps :unsure:

Gonna be afloat before Easter so I might well venture down your way. Mind you the waters round here have suddenly dealt some dice in my favour

Take care and tight lines :thumbs:

CD

Not far offshore either? Been out of the water since December 23rd!!! everything now ready to go back together, still having problems with my right knee and I've now got an ingrowing toe nail on the left big toe, god it is painful!!! Not sure I will make Easter? Provided we hit the water, beginning of May, thats fine. Smoothounds, ever thought of them as 'greyhounds'? Cos I would rather catch a 17/18lb Smoothie than a tope twice the size. In fact any Smoothound 8/9lbs and up is a fight on light uptide gear, the juices are running :thumbs:

Late season (late June/July) male top can be a good fight, 30lb plus? But if one has a choice, Greyhounds please. Beggars cant be choosers :rolleyes: if its got fins that OK!

Then the bass from June, the few trips I had last year has flagged up some interesting thoughts on method and marks off my patch? Bad weather?? who cares, we stray in the shelter of the river, use the lightest gear, and have fun with the schoolies, there are always a few mums and dads to ad a little spice on occasions. :P^_^

Yes I definitely care :fishing:

CJS2