Know where to launch?

Guest CJS2

There are very definitely two types of small boat owners, those who think it's a jolly good laugh to go pratting around on the water :punk::drunk::bigemo_harabe_net-165: and RSAs who use their mobility to fish new venues.

All of the small boat owners I know take safety very seriously , Gareth next door does not have gps but he he always puts safety first wearing a life vest, always carries a spare for a guest, never has more than two on board his 16' day boat, has flares and spare fuel, always goes out with other boats when fishing new venues and researches them well. He is now in his 60s and has been boating all of his life. It is a bit like telling your grandmother how to suck eggs by telling someone like that he needs a bit of paper to put to sea. :rolleyes:

The jolly brigade are again in the process of screwing it up for those who take all the right actions, because without a doubt those in power will bring in yet another set of laws to control the situation.

The worse jolly brigade craft is the jet-ski :wallbash:

Yep Ken, you said it well. However I know a few that seem to have a 'red mist' decend when they board their boat. Treat the roads the way they treat the sea, they would have 95 points and be banned for life!!! Jet Skis, fortunately I generally fish the other end of my patch to the 'Jet-Ski' mob.

But generally, its the Dinghies I don't, recognise, that seem to cause the ignorant/speed/etiquette problems. They are not local, 'samplers towing in' for the day, come and play merry hell then p!ss off, having spoiled the tranquility of the day? Have to say that, unless we are in very shallow water, it dont seem to worry the fish? Messes up the bass fishing in the river big time. On second thoughts, they should continue to ignore the nice safe launch sit, carry on to the Ferry, keep them away from the bass!

I love the Yachties that come close!!! 10ft!!! get all caught up in fishing lines, fishing line can make a mess of cuttless bearings, I deliberately use 'choice' language as they go by, not unusual to hear comment from bellow like; "well, really" . . . what me Mrs's?? never :sneaky2: New boat has an engine driven Whale pump for deck wash, can be pretty powerful with a few rpm on! Thinking of putting a valve in the line to use it as an emergency high capacity bilge pump . . . another use for a high capacity bilge pump :spiteful: really should not be thinking this way, butter would not melt in my mouth :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

you can end up in trouble however carefull you are ,we launched from pompey many years ago having had just missed the tide we "parked" the trailer as far down as we could and proceeded to party having laughs with a far larger boats owner who was putting his back in after the winter.

the tide started rising and we pushed of from the trailer and i parked it and went back and go onboard the boat ,as we motored away we waved and made our farewells .

20 minutes later the harbour police dropped the us and boat off back at the ramp and the guy was still waiting to float :oops: our brand new engines gearbox had broken ,we always carried a spare engine from then on ,that guy was in hysterics :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

the damned engine sheared bits in the gearbox everytime we used it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson