I've been spending money again

Ken L

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the bag was waiting for me when I got back and I have to say I’m disappointed.

The first problem is that it’s much, much to big. I know the measurements were up there but it’s always hard to judge these things from numbers on a page and to be honest, I had assumed that it was going to take the 6” x 8” clear plastic boxes instead of the dirty great things that come with it.

The second problem is the closure, which is one of those silly twin zip things. From experience with sports bags, I reckon it’ll last about a week.

OK, so I can use it for my big lures but as 90% of my lure fishing is light or ultralight, it’s not going to be seen very often.

Giving up on Wynchwood, I decided to take advantage of the strength of the pound and look at BassPro and Cabelas. Nothing ! There are any number of bags suitable for a small expedition but not a single small over the shoulder lure bag.

Even the so called trout/game bags are useless because they wont take a lure box.

I’m off to the Surplus store later in the week to try to find a gasmask bag that I can strip out and seal the seams of with duct tape.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken

I use the Shakespeare Lure Bags and have been using the largest one in the tropics for the past few years without problem and it has ended up in the oggin a few times.

The smallest one may suit you look at:

http://www.bosfish.co.uk/PRODUCTS/LUGGAGE/ss848lurebags.htm

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Bozzlebear. That's the one I got.

Tony. Thanks for the link but that still looks to big.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken

what about looking for a small, Trout game bag or what about a belt bag like this: http://www.tightlines.co.uk/ProductDetailI...opListRec=29107

I am trying out a belt bag for my salty fluff chucking next month in Cuba it only cost me £12 or so I think it would be ideal for sneaking around with an ultralight, mine even came complete with sports type drinks bottle.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.