going fishing show

wrecker

did any one go to the nec fishing show sunday 18/03/ what a waste off time/more coarse fishing stands and catreting vans what about the the sea fishing.tonys tackle and few small stands not like the years gone bye. :yucky::yucky::yucky:

did any one go to the nec fishing show sunday 18/03/ what a waste off time/more coarse fishing stands and catreting vans what about the the sea fishing.tonys tackle and few small stands not like the years gone bye. :yucky::yucky::yucky:

:clap2: I went Friday for the press day, I must admit it was a tadge disappointing, the place was nearly empty by 1230 as most had seen and bought what they wanted and were leaving. I bet all the food outlets were a bit peed off. I thought the beach casting stand was worth while and the catch a shark simulator was working for a change, although I think they set the drag a bit light. It was a shame that firms like Daiwa, Shakespeare and Shimano didn't come as we need a well supported show to fill the day. It always has been more for the coarse and game anglers but sea fishing has been getting better representation since EMAP took it over. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

B)-->
QUOTE(Norm B @ Mar 26 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: I went Friday for the press day, I must admit it was a tadge disappointing, the place was nearly empty by 1230 as most had seen and bought what they wanted and were leaving. I bet all the food outlets were a bit peed off. I thought the beach casting stand was worth while and the catch a shark simulator was working for a change, although I think they set the drag a bit light. I was a shame that firms like Daiwa, Shakespeare and Shimano didn't come as we need a well supported show to fill the day. It always has been more for the coarse and game anglers but sea fishing has been getting better representation since EMAP took it over. :clap2:

i havent been to one for decades the last one in the late 60's ,it was stunning! every big name you could amagine in the tackle trade and a great show of known anglers ,it was eye opening to the extreme !competitions and demonstrations at regular intervals i didnt buy anything(not much money about then) but it sticks in my mind to this day!!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Mar 26 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. . . . a shame that firms like Daiwa, Shakespeare and Shimano didn't come as we need a well supported show to fill the day. It always has been more for the coarse and game anglers but sea fishing has been getting better representation since EMAP took it over. :clap2:

I think this says it all, with the plight of sea angling in the balance as it is, if the 'Conservation' forum is anything to go by??? . . . . . " the angling industry is fiddling while Rome burns" . . . ?????

. . . . and the cost to get into these shows . . . ? Na, I'll go on the Internet . . . !!!! much of whats there is to catch anglers anyway? :blink: Best put the money towards the next fishing trip :clap2:

'Sutton W'