Groundbait

pulledinbyafish

Hi, I have read on the interent that to make your own crumb ground bait you take the bread, cut the crusts off and then run into a liquidiser. You then add a little water and seal in bag. Is this correct and how much water do you add? Is it so that it is moist all over or just a drop of water and mix the water in? please

Thanks

Thomas

Hi, I have read on the interent that to make your own crumb ground bait you take the bread, cut the crusts off and then run into a liquidiser. You then add a little water and seal in bag. Is this correct and how much water do you add? Is it so that it is moist all over or just a drop of water and mix the water in? please

Thanks

Thomas

To make the crumb i first buy some cheap loafs, i find asda is best as thy sell there own brand for 30p. I dont cut off the crusts of mine as i see no reason, i place it in the blender till all the lumps have gone and put it in me bait bucket. I keep doing this till ive gone through about 4 loafs. If i intend to use some in the next 1-2 days i keep it in a separate tub. With the rest i usually leave it out in the sun to dry out so its like groundbait. If you not lucky enough to have sun at the time i place it in a large stew pot and place it in the oven for a couple of minutes tpo dry it out.

when using the dried out mix just add water as you would do groundbait i usually mix in 1/4 a bag of some normal groundbait just to add some flavour and colour.

if you intend to use the crumb straight away i dont add water i i find if i compress each end it stays in the feeder like groundbait. you can also add some normal groundbait to this in this case a few drops of water to moisten the groundbait will do.

84854438.png

Cheap bread, I wait untill my local newsagent ( McAlls) sell the old bread of at 10p.

Well I was born in Yorkshire :thumbs:

When liquidised put in a freezer bag smeared inside with about 2-3ml of flavouring and freeze untill its needed.

Tight Lines,

Wearyone