Night Shots

Gray-Catchpole

evening all

ive been out this evening, trying to take pics in the dark, using 8 second exposures, i initially wanted to take some shots of the M4 to get some shots with streaking lights but couldt get a clear enough view from our viewpoint(im glad i couldnt now), so i just took a few pics at a hotel near my home, these where taken in really dark conditions, and i was suprised by the results. the one of the palm isnt lined up properly as i really couldnt see it lolol.

Please feel free to laeve some critisism and tips

Tree and hotel

hotelandtree.jpg

Palm

palm.jpg

Double Ash

doubleash.jpg

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Good shots Gray, particularly like the ghosts shot, I did a similar thing when nightfishing last year. You could try experimenting with longer exposures & increasing the f stops because, as in daylight shots, you will get sharper images the more you close the aperture down, plus it pinpoints the light sources nicely if that's the image you want at the time.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Cheers Peter

unfortunatly i havnt got that much control over the camera, (8 down to 1/1500 seconds, in 28 steps) is my limit, and at that setting i only get two F options for each level of zoom, ie the palm was taken with a focal length of 12mm 8 second exposure ISO 400 exposure comp 0, and this gives me the option of either F3.9 (which i used) or F9.8.

i have control over ISO 50-400, F, Exposure, White Balance(shutter measure) ang rgb. it a samsung digimax s500(compact).

actually looking at the camera now, the camera has three times optical zoom, in 8 steps, here is what i get for each level of zoom.

2.8 and 7.1

3.0 and 7.7

3.3 and 8.4

3.6 and 9.1

3.9 and 9.8

4.2 and 10.6

4.6 and 11.5

4.9 and 12.4

any help would be most greatfull :)

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

If the longest time exposure that you've got is 8 secs Gray, you could maybe try your highest iso rating to get the time down to coincide with your f12.4. If I remember right I had to go down to f18 & about 15 secs to get the desired results of pinpointing the light source when I did it. Mind I'm as far from David Bailey as you're going to get Gray so I hope I've remembered that right! :blink:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

If the longest time exposure that you've got is 8 secs Gray, you could maybe try your highest iso rating to get the time down to coincide with your f12.4. If I remember right I had to go down to f18 & about 15 secs to get the desired results of pinpointing the light source when I did it. Mind I'm as far from David Bailey as you're going to get Gray so I hope I've remembered that right! :blink:

Cheers Peter

i will give that a try, just as soon as i get get rid of this stinking cold, that i probably picked up while out taking those pics lolol :yucky:

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道