It has been one of those weeks

Alan Hammond

Last Thursday the inlet to the toilet developed a leak. It was immediately above the kitchen and only became apparent when a great big damp patch appeared on the plaster coat that had just been put on prior to tiling the new kitchen that had just been fitted. An emergency plumber was called to sort it. But only after he had to strip out the boxing around the cistern that was built in last year as part of a bathroom refit. The plumber who did the refit has gone out of business and could not be contacted. I had to put the boxing back myself.

On Monday the central heating boiler started to leak like a sieve. Three visits by the Gas Board who installed it just on three years ago and who charge me a hefty price to maintain it have so far failed to rectify the several leaks. They are going to have another attempt tomorrow. This has resulted in one day with no hot water at all and so far three without central heating.

On Monday a brand new washing machine and tumble dryer were delivered. I had bought these from an internet company. I did not get around to unpacking them until Tuesday evening due to the utility room where they are to be installed being used by the kitchen fitters for storage of assorted tool boxes and packs of tiles etc. It was then that I discovered that the S suffix after the product number on Zanussi appliances stands for silver coloured and the W suffix for white coloured. Luckily as they are being installed in the utility room it was deemed that a white washing machine and silver drier were just about acceptable as opposed to the alternative of paying about fifty quid to have my deliberate mistake rectified.

Today a stream of water was seen coming from the brickwork just above the house footings, do not ask how I can see the footings it is an old house and a long story. For various reasons this was initially thought to be from the new plumbing in the kitchen. After a new cupboard, a sink and a lot of pipework had been dismantled it was decided that the fault really lies with an existing drain. This problem has been put on hold until next week when hopefully an insurance policy with the local water board will cover the cost of replacing the drain. Fortunately it does not affect the new kitchen.

Also today I bought and installed a spyware program called Spyebot off the internet for thirty nine dollars. When number two son who knows about these things as he runs his own computer repair business came in from work he happily informed me that I had just been ripped off and that the program would be more likely to install some nasties than remove them. I was also advised to watch my bank account in case of any attempt at fraudulent use of the bank details I had given them.

Tomorrow come hell or high water I am going fishing and stuff everything.

Edited by Alan Hammond

A Hammond

Also today I bought and installed a spyware program called Spyebot off the internet for thirty nine dollars. When number two son who knows about these things as he runs his own computer repair business came in from work he happily informed me that I had just been ripped off and that the program would be more likely to install some nasties than remove them.

Well at least you were able to bring pleasure to one of your offspring. They love being able to tell Dad he goofed. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Last Thursday the inlet to the toilet developed a leak. It was immediately above the kitchen and only became apparent when a great big damp patch appeared on the plaster coat that had just been put on prior to tiling the new kitchen that had just been fitted. An emergency plumber was called to sort it. But only after he had to strip out the boxing around the cistern that was built in last year as part of a bathroom refit. The plumber who did the refit has gone out of business and could not be contacted. I had to put the boxing back myself.

On Monday the central heating boiler started to leak like a sieve. Three visits by the Gas Board who installed it just on three years ago and who charge me a hefty price to maintain it have so far failed to rectify the several leaks. They are going to have another attempt tomorrow. This has resulted in one day with no hot water at all and so far three without central heating.

On Monday a brand new washing machine and tumble dryer were delivered. I had bought these from an internet company. I did not get around to unpacking them until Tuesday evening due to the utility room where they are to be installed being used by the kitchen fitters for storage of assorted tool boxes and packs of tiles etc. It was then that I discovered that the S suffix after the product number on Zanussi appliances stands for silver coloured and the W suffix for white coloured. Luckily as they are being installed in the utility room it was deemed that a white washing machine and silver drier were just about acceptable as opposed to the alternative of paying about fifty quid to have my deliberate mistake rectified.

Today a stream of water was seen coming from the brickwork just above the house footings, do not ask how I can see the footings it is an old house and a long story. For various reasons this was initially thought to be from the new plumbing in the kitchen. After a new cupboard, a sink and a lot of pipework had been dismantled it was decided that the fault really lies with an existing drain. This problem has been put on hold until next week when hopefully an insurance policy with the local water board will cover the cost of replacing the drain. Fortunately it does not affect the new kitchen.

Also today I bought and installed a spyware program called Spyebot off the internet for thirty nine dollars. When number two son who knows about these things as he runs his own computer repair business came in from work he happily informed me that I had just been ripped off and that the program would be more likely to install some nasties than remove them. I was also advised to watch my bank account in case of any attempt at fraudulent use of the bank details I had given them.

So am I, but my week has not been that bad :rolleyes: Just a lot of hard work making and installing new plant racking complete with watering system.

I did have one bright spot today when a rather tasty young woman about 20 to 25yrs of age dressed in a rather short denim-mini decided to take a better look at the large koi in the adjacent pond whilst I was lying on the floor trying to couple some irrigation pipe work. It became very apparent that there was also a great shortage of material in her under garment as well, it was one of those few occasions when I wished I was 30yrs younger. :lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Ferret1959

You think you had it bad??

I split a finger nail and it really hurt. :(;)

Had one of those weeks myself not long ago so I know how you feel. I too let off steam here and afterwards felt a lot better.

If you go fishing tomorrow don't forget your new licence coz with the luck your having at the moment your bound to meet a water bailiff :wallbash: