Lidl Items

gilbo

There are a few bits coming up from the 9th at Lidl.

They have some waders at £4.99 which are worth a look for anyone who wants some light weight waterproof bottoms. They dont have wellies built in but more of a waterproof sock. You could use them in a kayak and wear a pair of wet suit shoes or boots with them.

Box of 50 star lights 2.99!

Worth a look me thinks.

:thumbs:

There are a few bits coming up from the 9th at Lidl.

They have some waders at £4.99 which are worth a look for anyone who wants some light weight waterproof bottoms. They dont have wellies built in but more of a waterproof sock. You could use them in a kayak and wear a pair of wet suit shoes or boots with them.

Box of 50 star lights 2.99!

Worth a look me thinks.

:angry: dude to be serious for one min, thanks for the heads up.... but why would you wear waders in a kayak ??? serius risk to life here.

prowler 13 angling edition

margate kent

beware.. one man's legacy is another's inheritance...

:angry: dude to be serious for one min, thanks for the heads up.... but why would you wear waders in a kayak ??? serius risk to life here.

Are you speaking of that old fairy tale about waders filling with water and dragging you down to drown?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Are you speaking of that old fairy tale about waders filling with water and dragging you down to drown?

not waders dragging you down, but unless you have the arms of a giant . how the hell are you going to swim or embark your kak with tripple your body weight on board .....

margate kent

Have a look at them before you decline - they are not waders as I would imagine waders, they are more like a pair of semi dry trousers with built in socks. They come up over the chest.

I have a full dry suit and a lighter semi dry trousers and kag for summer but I am getting a set of these. For anyone (as many seem to be on a tight budget) who needs a cheap item for kayak use have a serious look at them.

Andymcb - have a good look at them and let me know what you think.

Have a look at them before you decline - they are not waders as I would imagine waders, they are more like a pair of semi dry trousers with built in socks. They come up over the chest.

I have a full dry suit and a lighter semi dry trousers and kag for summer but I am getting a set of these. For anyone (as many seem to be on a tight budget) who needs a cheap item for kayak use have a serious look at them.

Andymcb - have a good look at them and let me know what you think.

:thumbs: have looked, i can now see what you mean they look fine, light weight as you said. perfect for yakkers on a budget..... i wonder if they are breathable,

have a cracking easter and if your on the water over holiday i hope you bag up large !!!! :rolleyes:

margate kent

I wear a cheap pair if chest waders when fly fishing off the Kayak with a big pair of humtting boots............................and thay float! Only used them on a a lake tho.....

For sea use I use either a wetsuit or dry paddle pants and a Cag with walking boots they also float.

Thanks for the tipoff looks like a trip to Lidls tues day............................more expense!#

Cheers

Dave

Target fish: Anything!

I had a tour of the local Lidls to try and get some of them bootless chesties and found just three pairs left. Two pairs XXL and one XL which I bought, just need to grow 6 inches and put on 4 stone but might come in with a bit of butchering :thumbs:

I also got one of the handlines for £2- 99 to replace my homemade one. Just the job for getting Mackerel for bait after replacing the lures supplied with a shrimp rig. If you want to save the hassle of swapping rigs on your rods or just do away with taking another rod altogether for baitcatching, then a handline is an ideal way and I find that when I get a full house they are much easier to handle, and with a bit of practice you can flick the fish off the line into the yak to be dealt with whilst the rest of the line is still over the side. :thumbs:

Stu :)

Edited by nifty

I bought the waders as a very second spare and may even use them for some of my boat and beach fishing. Handy repair kit came with them.

I also bought a couple of them cheap folding stools for beach fishing when I need to travel light - may be handy in the hatch of the kayak if you intend to stop and have a break onshore!

The box of lures was a bargain and even though they dont compare to a storm thunderstick I picked them up. Cheap as chips and worth having even just for the box they come in.

The handlines is a great suggestion and I may invest in one. I recal changing my rigs last year everytime I saw mid water fish under the kayak - Great suggestion that Nifty :thumbs:

A warning though. I was stupid enough to let my boy have a starlight which here then bent so far it split and sprayed him in the eye with the liquid. I found out they contain Hydrogen Peroxide and immiediately flushed his eye with several vials of eye wash. Dont let kids play with them even though they are sold as braclets, necklaces and stuff for kids. :unsure:

I didn't think a lot of the fishing tackle but did pick up a cool bag for something like £3.99?

It's designed for a bike so has velcro ties to go around the handle bars I used it the other day and fastened the ties onto the yaks cord.It sat alongside me just out of the water but in easy reach.Easily removed when paddling,add a damp tea towel and an ice pack and it's just the thing for live sandeels.

Cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"