sally walshes dam

hi all,

simple one this has anyone fished sally walshes dam (or hoyles mill dam) its in south yorkshire being a northern monkey its close to me but i aint fished it yet. just wondered if anyone can tell me anything about it

cheers guys

scott

hi all,

simple one this has anyone fished sally walshes dam (or hoyles mill dam) its in south yorkshire being a northern monkey its close to me but i aint fished it yet. just wondered if anyone can tell me anything about it

cheers guys

scott

Haven't fished it but had a look round a couple of weeks ago. Has some good fish in but is supposed to be a hard water. Thought I might have been able to fish it on my Barnsley book seeing as they have the water BUT it is £7 for 12 hours. Not quite as far north as you but seems a tad steep for a tough water with no facilities.

My advice seeing as you are close is to have a wander up and chat with some of the chaps there.

Haven't fished it but had a look round a couple of weeks ago. Has some good fish in but is supposed to be a hard water. Thought I might have been able to fish it on my Barnsley book seeing as they have the water BUT it is £7 for 12 hours. Not quite as far north as you but seems a tad steep for a tough water with no facilities.

My advice seeing as you are close is to have a wander up and chat with some of the chaps there.

hi hugh

yeah i had a walk round the other day does seem a little steep but if theres some good fish in it i dont mind just didnt know of any sizes, it would be steep if you were fishing for tiddlers. ive decided im going to do a 12 hour day session next week anyway so ill get a chance to talk to the bailiff and ill report back.

scott

oh and seen as your kinda up my end of the country can you recomend any lakes ive been trying to find a water to target in the summer

hi all,

cheers guys

scott

Hi Scott ,it's the very time i've posted on this particular part of the forum but your interest in Sally Walshes Dam caught my eye

You say Barnsley not Hemsworth , well its Hemsworth(MY HOME TOWN) down by the turkey farms (now chicken farms)

I am a full blown sea fisherman myself , BUT the lads in my local are always raving about the good catches they have down there.

And don't hold me to it but a carp(2 years ago) was caught and weighed in at just short of 46 lb and another one not long after was caught and that tipped the scales at 41 lb , Also the dam holds Tench , Roach , Perch aswell as others. As i say i ain't no freshwater fisherman but this info is from the local fisherman who do fish it regularly

Tight Lines Lads

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

hi

i fished the dam yesterday, seemed ok i only caught a low double but they tell me theres a good head of thirtys and at least one fourty. the only problem i had with it i got plagued by bream all day and they got annoying after a while ill go back there though in my view its worth the 7 quid. just depends what you want to catch really.

scott