west bex cod

anyfishany

sorry this post is quite late but i have been trying to join this forum for ages but it would not let me login.fished chesil /west bex sat 3/3/2007 left of the car park 10 min walk on the shingle path to a nice little spot which i fish now and then. weather was fair (calm before the storm) quite a swell ,quite hard to see a bite from a bite. westerly winds blowing about 15mph as said the bbc weather site. fished the run up from 14.00 to 20.00 with loads of bites. slack lines coming from dogs dislodging my grippers. only dogs on my pennel rig with rag and lug freshly dug. on my second rod had a 2hooked flapper top hook on lug and bottom on rag. dogs were mad for the rag but had a quality scrap with a 5lb cod about 1 hour before high tide,which took the top hook with only one fresh black lug on it. thought i was going to loose it in the breakers but had to wait for it to tire out before beaching it on a big wave. a few more dogs after that (10 in total) then packed up with a big smile on my face, with the long nackering hike back to the car park. there were loads of people fishing in to the night but didnt see any fish on the shingle? great session cant wait to get back on it next weekend. if any one fishes chesil and wants to go fishing email me on brolanmachine1@hotmail.com all my mates are carp fishermen so i fish alone. cheers

since then have fished chesil a few times at my same mark with only doggies and rockling. nout special.

i live and fish in poole and have had some great bass and flounder catches mainly from branksome beach best so far 2lb 2oz flattie and a 4bass.

any one fish in poole? :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

sorry this post is quite late but i have been trying to join this forum for ages but it would not let me login.fished chesil /west bex sat 3/3/2007 left of the car park 10 min walk on the shingle path to a nice little spot which i fish now and then. weather was fair (calm before the storm) quite a swell ,quite hard to see a bite from a bite. westerly winds blowing about 15mph as said the bbc weather site. fished the run up from 14.00 to 20.00 with loads of bites. slack lines coming from dogs dislodging my grippers. only dogs on my pennel rig with rag and lug freshly dug. on my second rod had a 2hooked flapper top hook on lug and bottom on rag. dogs were mad for the rag but had a quality scrap with a 5lb cod about 1 hour before high tide,which took the top hook with only one fresh black lug on it. thought i was going to loose it in the breakers but had to wait for it to tire out before beaching it on a big wave. a few more dogs after that (10 in total) then packed up with a big smile on my face, with the long nackering hike back to the car park. there were loads of people fishing in to the night but didnt see any fish on the shingle? great session cant wait to get back on it next weekend. if any one fishes chesil and wants to go fishing email me on brolanmachine1@hotmail.com all my mates are carp fishermen so i fish alone. cheers

since then have fished chesil a few times at my same mark with only doggies and rockling. nout special.

i live and fish in poole and have had some great bass and flounder catches mainly from branksome beach best so far 2lb 2oz flattie and a 4bass.

any one fish in poole? :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Aaaaah Branksome Chine, was one of the first places I cut my teeth on beach fishing, my parents lived in Lower Parkstone when we first moved down to my mums home town Bournemouth, yes we were just over the Dorset boarder as it was then and in Poole. As kids we used to run or bike through Branksome Woods down to the sea in the school holidays and fish or swim all day. Never had anything astounding from the beach but as equipment was on the crude side for beach fishing it was hardly surprising, plus a total lack of knowledge when it came to tides and baits etc.

The back of the Blue Lagoon at what we use to call the lock gates was our favorite mark back then, rag worm easily come by and a short lob of the wall put us amongst the flatties. Another easily fish mark was the pipe at the bottom of Evening Hill, use to walk along the beach past Parkstone Yacht Club to an old sewer pipe which we use to walk along to cast from, great fun.

We moved to Southbourne and Bedfords Beach became the place where I really got stuck into beach fishing and had my first bass.

I live in South Wales now but visit Bournemouth several times a year and I always have a nose around my old haunts and given the chance always aim to wet a line. :clap2:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

thanks for your reply . its good to have some feed back . i fish alot at salterns marina do you know of it? its a good all year round bass mark. going there sunday night for the run of the tide. do you know of any other good marks in poole? the beach at branksome chine has been re-sanded so there is twice as much beach its fishing really well shame you dont live here anymore you are missing some good fishing. been tope fishing in wales before at pembroke when i was in the army caught some quality fish battled with some big tope iv got a picture of me with one on my profile they fight all the way up and in the boat they go mad i had to wedge it between my legs (which i got tope rash all over my legs) as it wouldnt stop going mad. all were returned and swam off like they were never caught.

cheers for your reply :thumbs:

any more southern fishermen on this site?

thanks for your reply . its good to have some feed back . i fish alot at salterns marina do you know of it? its a good all year round bass mark. going there sunday night for the run of the tide. do you know of any other good marks in poole? the beach at branksome chine has been re-sanded so there is twice as much beach its fishing really well shame you dont live here anymore you are missing some good fishing. been tope fishing in wales before at pembroke when i was in the army caught some quality fish battled with some big tope iv got a picture of me with one on my profile they fight all the way up and in the boat they go mad i had to wedge it between my legs (which i got tope rash all over my legs) as it wouldnt stop going mad. all were returned and swam off like they were never caught.

cheers for your reply :thumbs:

any more southern fishermen on this site?

:clap2: Yes, Hants, Sussex and Dorset. :clap2:

Welcome to anglers net anyfishany, good result there, well done sargent.

There are a few of us here that fish the chesil. I tend to range from Seaton thru to weymouth. I think Scotty T comes from your way, but not seen him on for a bit & there is Tog, who lurks around the new forest & likes steam engines. :)

cheers for that remark 'sargent' lol ,didnt make it to that dizzy height glad as well. cheers for the welcome been trying to join for ages been reading most of the posts and there are some really good stuff on here. been wanting to fish abbotsbury part of the chesil but to worried about my car as i like to know it is safe.have fished this part years ago though but i really want to fish the dragons teath mark .herd so many quality reports about it. i prefere fishing in to the dark so if you do see anyone on the beach fishing alone it probably is me. the misses doesnt like fishing so she just wont come she says she gets board? cheers mate if you do plan to go any time give me a email or something as i will be happy to come. :thumbs: