Fishfinder cables ....

Volusian

Hi all ....

As many of you use Fishfinders and have to contend with the trailing wiring system sticking out of the kayak have any of you thought of a good way to cover these cables up when the frishfinder is not attached . ??

If you Gaspachi rubber hatch lids fitted like me is there a way ive not thought of to allow the cables to be placed back inside the kayak when not needed ..... <_< .. i at the moment tend to lift the Gaspachi lid and bring the cables out when needed and pop the lid back on as best i can. When not in use i pop them in a plastic bag with a silica gel bag to keep them dry.

any other foolproof ways/ideas to stow the cables away safely would be appreciated .....

thanks

bit confused with trailing wires etc but i'll do my best.

where my fishfinder is, the cables come out through the drinks holder for about 5 inches which like you i cover with a plastic bag after giving the terminal a spray of wd40.

Inside the transducer is bunched together, tied with a cable tie with a bit of velcro wrapped around it and stock to the other side of the velcro on the base of the Kayak. this stops the cable hitting the transducer and dislodging it, which insidently is mounted in a big blob of silicon sealant.

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

I think you have not drilled a hole in your kayak for the F F plug have you, and you lift the lid to connect it to the F F, this is not good firstly if while connected i.e. with the lid not fitted on tight and got a large wave over the top your kayak would fill up with water.

The only other way to do it with out drilling holes is to have the transducer fixed some how on the outside of the kayak and have the battery in a waterproof box, not a very good idea.

I don't know what FF you have, but on my Garmin the plug is 1 inch and I used a thru hull outlet pipe and then sealed it with a cork plug. If I'm going out without the FF I put a finger off a rubber glove over the end like a condom

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

That looks nice and neat and without drilling holes

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?