The Pair Trawlers are working :-(

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even mentioned the Cilt yet, or Kilt as the Scottish spell it...yes that's right, long before the Scots...however we didn't invent the Cilt that crown goes to the Irish...50 years before the Welsh! :D

Mind you I'm on thin ice here...I've got relatives in the Western Highlands and they would rightly comment that the Welsh may have started something but the Scots made a commercial success of it and took it to another level!!! :D

Unfortunately it appears that a few Scottish Trawlermen (my relatives would say 'Scottish by Birth, but not True Scots') are trying to make a 'commercial' success out of our dwindling stocks of Bass...shame on them...the shame will last long after thier blood stained money is spent! :mad:

have witnessed up to 22 90 tonne comercial boats in luce bay down to the mull of galloway this week at least fifteen at it tonight raping the seabed for scallops all perfectly legal according to defra as its out with mid year ban

locals have been comlaining all week to no avail

scottish irish and english boats when is this going to end !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Sorry to hear that Tack4, unfortunately it is repeated all over the place I've witnessed Welsh trawlers scouring in close, around my county waters. As the number of operating local trawlers seems to be getting smaller catches...they seem to be adopting more desperate measures.

It matters not whether these trawlers are English Scottish, Welsh, Irish or even foreign...the fact is it's down to individuals piloting and making their own choices...some of which, we obviously disagree with strongly.

I used to think that some of my local trawlers must have been finding it tough...even felt sorry for the guys...just trying to make a living etc...that was until I realised that those remaining are just greedy, money grabbing #$^*(^*%$*!!!!...I can't be too specific for obvious reasons...but lets just say if it's so tough how do they afford the Golf GTIs and £35,000 BMWs?

As Chaucer once wrote...'money is the root of all evil'

Sad, but there it is, still, soon they won't be able to catch enough to pay for a tank of fuel in thier sporty cars..then I guess they'll move on to something else, and leave the marine environment to lick it's wounds.

********! even my Luce Bay is not safe now it would appear!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Guest jay_con

A very familiar story artful. The trawler owners on the east coast all own nice big cars and houses. Some even have a lot of holiday cottages,houses and flats bought out of profits which they rent out to make more profit, whilst families cant find a property to live in and have to live in council single bedroomed flats.

One thing I do notice though is thier staff including deckhands etc arent too well off. looks like even they are being ripped off.

I just hope one day they get what they deserve. Id love to see the profiteering t--ts rot in a prison cell.

I received this information in an email passed onto me. I haven't yet had any confirmation.

"Thought you would like to know this:

Last week ONE OF OUR TRAWLERS HAULED UP IN A SINGLE DAY 58 ALREADY DEAD DOLPHINS WITH THEIR STOMACHS SPLIT TO MAKE THEM SINK.

This is of course a result of Bass pair teams in the channel.

If just one of our boats hauls this up how many are being killed out there?"

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest jay_con

When you meet with mp's leon how can you be proffessional and hold back your anger when you know such things are happening?

Your ability to stay calm is admirable. Id just chin em.