North Devon Mackeral here!

Pav

Hi Paintfly,

fished stanbury (from shore) monday, just 1 hour up as time was tight, 1 largish rockling (my usual spring species :wallbash: ) to whole squid. Have been meaning to try welcombe since I got my P13

last autumn.

Thought you were on the south shore??

Cheers,

Chaz

Lucky gits! :D I fished Welcombe on Sat evening 2 hrs up to HT and an hour after and blanked. Which is weird 'cos it looks well fishy with all those mussel beds. Put out mackeral strips and squid on flappers about 50m out, then trolled feathers all around the bay, stopping occasionally to feather as well... nothing :schmoll: Still, beautiful spot. Too windy on Sunday, so went home

Hi Paintfly,

fished stanbury (from shore) monday, just 1 hour up as time was tight, 1 largish rockling (my usual spring species :wallbash: ) to whole squid. Have been meaning to try welcombe since I got my P13

last autumn.

Thought you were on the south shore??

Cheers,

Chaz

Yeah, I am usually, but I get down to the SW whenever possible, usually based in St Just for a couple of weeks in the summer. Happened to stumble on Welcome when I helped a friend build a yurt at a nearby crafts centre. Only the second time I've fished it. Got wiped out in a big surf last time, but there was no wind on Sat and it was easy launching and landing either side of HT. :thumbs: