XP user accounts internet connection problem

Riley

Greetings to those who know!

I have two other user accounts on my pc, guest and my daughter. I can only connect to the internet on my account, on the others I get this message: I have checked all the settings, they are identical to my account.

Error 734: The PPP Link Control Protocol Was Terminated" Error Message Occurs If You Try to Establish a Dial-Up Connection .

I have adsl.

What have I missed? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Riley

The more people I meet the more I like my dog!

My money is on daughters account NOT having proper authority!! Try upgrading her settings to allow administrator privileges?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

My money is on daughters account NOT having proper authority!! Try upgrading her settings to allow administrator privileges?

Sorry, nope its an administrator account, at the moment, but limited and guest accounts can connect the internet.

Riley

Sorry, nope its an administrator account, at the moment, but limited and guest accounts can connect the internet.
Do you have a router or a usb adsl modem?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Do you have a router or a usb adsl modem?

Hi its me again isnt it!

I have an adsl usb modem. ( is that bad?! :unsure: )

Riley

Hi its me again isnt it!

I have an adsl usb modem. ( is that bad?! :unsure: )

Personally I think that USB ADSL modems suck, big style. I would try removing it completely (add remove software), reboot, re-install and then reboot again. If it were my broadband connection I would toss the USB modem and buy a router.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Personally I think that USB ADSL modems suck, big style. I would try removing it completely (add remove software), reboot, re-install and then reboot again. If it were my broadband connection I would toss the USB modem and buy a router.

I had an idea you might say that! (doesnt router mean wireless connections, or haveI got my wires crossed as usual)

Ok uninstall reinstall doesnt seem beyond my capabilities... i have better things to do but I guess they can wait!

thanks for info.

Riley

A PROPER hub will at todays prices cost you around £30. Suggest trying ELTONS link and shop at DABS.com VERY good and VERY cheap!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I had an idea you might say that! (doesnt router mean wireless connections, or haveI got my wires crossed as usual)

Ok uninstall reinstall doesnt seem beyond my capabilities... i have better things to do but I guess they can wait!

thanks for info.

Routers come in both wired and wireless varieties.

Routers come in both wired and wireless varieties.

Ahhhh, I have used Dabs before so will of course link thru Anglersnet.

Riley