Sacking Carp

Just to say that an another site someone has suggested that if people feel the need to sack a fish, that they add a marker buoy of some sort on a separate cord. This way should the bag take off for some reason then the buoy could be spotted and the bag and fish retrieved. Sounds like a plan to me.

Just to say that an another site someone has suggested that if people feel the need to sack a fish, that they add a marker buoy of some sort on a separate cord. This way should the bag take off for some reason then the buoy could be spotted and the bag and fish retrieved. Sounds like a plan to me.

That's a very good idea. In fact, they really should come as standard as part of the sack. Or would that be an admission by the manufacturer that they're not completely safe...?

I don't like retaining fish at all, especially just so you can get a photo when the light is better. I wonder how many fish are sacked just so people can show their mates later? All completely unneccesary. If a fish needs time to recover before going back (and in my opinion this is usually because the poor thing has been kept out of the water for far too long for weighing, photos, changes of t-shirt, whatever) rest it in a landing net for a while and keep an eye on it.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music