Gower fishing

garrydog

Hi

I will be going to Gower south Wales shortly for a week,do i need insurance to use my Kayak at Oxwich.

Thanks David.

no insurance required to launch at oxwich that i know of. You do however need to pay the carpark which is £2.50 a day.

I fish oxwich and it is a lovely place, good wreck too about halfway to the point which holds, wrasse, pollack, pout, and dogs..sheltered on any winds without easterly in them and can be flat calm on howling south westerlies and westerlies .

some other good spots too just off the point if the sea is calm enough.

port eynon is another good spot worth considering too.

where are you staying?

i'm taking some time off work and will be down that way from the 18th till after the bank holiday

john

Edited by lazy hooker

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

hi

I have been fishing Oxwich every weekend for the last month... have caught a load of mackerel , lots of small pollack ,bass gurnard and plaice . Its a great place to launch from but the parking has gone up to £3 on the weekends robing gets :angry:

I stay at bank farm in Horton hope to see you both out there

Allan

location Cardiff

Prowler elite mango flame

hi

I have been fishing Oxwich every weekend for the last month... have caught a load of mackerel , lots of small pollack ,bass gurnard and plaice . Its a great place to launch from but the parking has gone up to £3 on the weekends robing gets :angry:

Allan

hi i think i seen you at oxwich last weekend,i'm thinking off getting the ocean elite can you advise me on the pros and cons if any of the elite ta,how were the mackerel

hi

Allan

hey allan you been getting the pollack and mackeral on artificials on the wreck??? if so try rag too the wrasse love it.

been away for the last couple of weekends so may try it this weekend on saturday for a couple of hours.

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

hi john

well impressed with the elite ...fast and very stable, been catching pollock by the wreck mainly on feathers , tried tried every bait possible rag lug crab and sand eel ..my best results have been with lug ,some nice plaice plus one bass on a lure oh and the mackerel were good size 1 1/2 lb to 2lb i will be back out saturday afternoon and your welcome to try out the elite yourself if you fancy

Allan

location Cardiff

Prowler elite mango flame

oxwich is a nice sheltered beach perfect for the first outings

not much tide and generally sheltered from swell too. i wouldn't go out onto the furthest point on your first outings as it can get a but confused out there. but certainly safe out as far as the boats are moored halfway to the main point incidently the wreck is just passed them.

easterlies can cause a little chop but not too much and the only other thing is on an outgoing tide the water drains out of the bay along the rocks on the right hand side of the bay (looking out to sea) but this isn't too strong.

will be there saturday afternoon hopefully can't say for definate as i'm on call and don't know what that can throw at me so will probably see you sometime during the afternoon allan.

john

Hi

I will be going to Gower south Wales shortly for a week,do i need insurance to use my Kayak at Oxwich.

Thanks David.

In my shore fishing days I often had good success at low tide on the outer rocks at Port Eynon fishing in the gullies virtually at my feet with peeler crab. I fancy the area from my yak and was wondering if anyone knows what Port Eynon Bay is like launching from the beach. I imagine you'd have to be careful around the point in anything but settled weather but the sheltered bay looks perfect for yak fishing. Any feedback appreciated.the