first seat box

jace1acc

If theres a Decathlon anywere near you they often stock continental type seat boxes at cheap prices.

I agree with the above though that the Shakespeare box takes some beating for a newbie. It was my first box (with Octoplus legs!!) and if I had the room I'd still have it now.

Visit http://www.vstol.vstore.ca UK based suppliers of artificial lures for sea, game and coarse fishing!

I agree with the above though that the Shakespeare box takes some beating for a newbie. It was my first box (with Octoplus legs!!) and if I had the room I'd still have it now.

I'm guessing (because I don't have one yet) that Octopus legs are a must to give you the extra height.

Tony

I'm guessing (because I don't have one yet) that Octopus legs are a must to give you the extra height.

More for levelling it out - As the basic seatbox is basically that , a box , its practically useless unless the ground is even and level . The Octoplus kit features , among other attachments , 4 adjustable legs/feet that allow you to set the seat box up on nearly all surtaces/bankside conditions , even allowing it to be actually in , or that should be above , the water .

The other advantage is that there are various attachments that allow you to have rod rests , bait boxes etc connected to the frame rather that sticking in bank sticks

I like to set up my box with a rod rest on the rear leg and an Octoplus feeder arm on the front leg, feeder arm up in the air when feeder fishing on the river but nearly horizontal when float fishing on a lake. No more banksticks, very quick and easy to get a perfect set-up, which is half the joy of a good fishing session...everything set up perfectly before you start i.e. not having a hundred plastic bags scattered around you. Obsessive compulsive disorder or what? :thumbs:

• 6 months later...
it depends on what fishing your up to ,for just basic tackle carrying then the shakespear box (or the many clones) are good enough ,almost impossible to break but limited in their design most being no more than a simple plastic box with lid thats waterproof.

i have a shakespear in the loft and a similar one with built in trays both now too big for my type of fishing and i have a small seatbox with drawers that hold the minimum tackle i take now.

you can buy (or could?) a galaxi box which fitted in the top of the shakespear box to hold most of your tackle leaving the base for reels and other larger bits but buying both is almost as expensive as buying a budget seatbox with drawers anyway :rolleyes:

I still have an efgeeco box and it must over 25 years old and still in quite good condition. Although I found it a really good box it also must be the most comfortable box with its sprung seat that I have ever had. If I had to pick fault though it would be 1) I tended to fill it too much as its such a big box 2) on a good frosty morning the metal legs acted like ice skates once or twice but good for a laugh!

It is still a good favourite box. highly recommended

Welcome to AnglersNet lyndilou

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 1 year later...