Shock leaders

Jack Sparrow

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jul 3 2007, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: You really only need shock leaders for power casting styles and 10-12lb line would just about do for 1 oz anyway. :clap2:

:clap2: I find the tapered leaders give a nice tidy knot and are long enough to lift a fish up a wall or pier. :clap2:

I was thinking in terms of the cliffs Glen fishes of :lol:

I use the blood knot for my tapered leaders, you still have to tie a second knot if you use the bimini twist to join the shock leader to the main line.

When I use to make up my own tapered leaders for fly fishing I always used the blood knot and it never let me down.

With braid which I use for boat fishing I use the bimini twist then swivel to rig or leader to rig depending on type of fishing.

Both my abu 6500 ct mags used for beach fishing are loaded with 10lb pro plus line and completed with tapered shock leaders. I redo the knots at home before each session never failed yet and I have at times hauled in enough of that slimey blanket type weed to fill a bin liner and that is a dead weight.

It is as always horses for courses, if fishing over realy rough ground I would have to change my thinking and gear up accordingly.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good advice but use what suits your tying abilites and where you fish and abrasive needs.....

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!