Newgale

kennosen

Hey lads.. pretty definite that I'll be spending a few days at Newgale next week with the missus. Anyone fished there? providing the weather is ok ish I'm contemplating taking the yak and catch me some supper.

cheers in advance

great to see your still here!! Sure GB will be along soon with some advice on the area. Whenever i've past Newgale theres always been a big surf but plenty of marks nearby :thumbs:

Ok Prowler 13

have never fished that far along but surfed it plenty of times. the swell can pick up loads on an incomming tide....just something to bear in mind, but the shop behind the beach will does surf forecasts so may be worth checking with them.

you also have solva just up the road which is really sheltered where you can launch and retrieve by the pub......

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

Hi,

As stated Newgale can pick up a bit of surf. There is also a large shingle bank to traverse.

Other good launch spots include:-

Solva - Park by the pub in the village and float down the stream. Return on high water right to your car.

Porthclais near St Davids.

Broad Haven, Little Haven - beach launch with less surf than Newgale.

Nolton Haven - Similar surf to Newgale but easier launch since no shingle bank.

Hopefully that will get you going for starters. There are other launch spots but you'll have to get a map out and find them ;)

Rich.

My mate went surfing there Sunday, there were lots of big waves!

I have been there lots of times but never fished there.

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Yeah, thats going to be an issue for sure. Though I'm going to fish 'light' with no clutter, so just one rod and a few lures, no finder(against my religion) or bait box. If the surf is big enough to scare me than I can can always swim out with the yak and then get on behind the waves, does that make sense? at least I know what I want to do, just not sure I've explained it adequately..

Marvellous, a nice fat bass would go down very nicely, and as the missus wont eat fish :wallbash: all the more for me. You say there is rough ground to the south end of the beach? do you mention that with respect to launching?