Anchor trolley system bits

Lloydus

Sticking together my anchor system, can't find the seasure 25mm stainless steel ring anywhere online. Any ideas where i can get one or similar replacement ? The seasure block is pretty rare as well.

Is the system on anglers afloat the best system, should I upgrade or change any part before I start drilling ?

Cheers

Location - South East Wales

Red Prowler 13

Sticking together my anchor system, can't find the seasure 25mm stainless steel ring anywhere online. Any ideas where i can get one or similar replacement ? The seasure block is pretty rare as well.

Is the system on anglers afloat the best system, should I upgrade or change any part before I start drilling ?

Cheers

Hi

I was putting together the bits and pieces for the Anglersafloat anchor system a few weeks ago and found all my hardware at an online chandlers called Pinnell and Bax. Couldn't get the Seasure ring but I assume that any steel rings they sell are ok for marine use. They were fine to deal with and I got all the stuff in a couple of days. Here's a link to their rings page.

Pinnell & Bax - stainless steel rings

Cheers

Gerry

You don't need the ring. Tie a loop using a uniknot then clip the loop straight to the carabina. You can then adjust the tension/length of the trolley, tighten up for transit/loosen when in use.

Also I'm not sure on your kayak but on the WS Tarpon's and Ride135 I use the excellent handle/paddle keeper to fix the trolley line so it doesn't move when set, which negates the need for a dedicated cleat for the trolley. A single cam cleat for the anchor line is all you need.

Cheers

JRT

Edited by JRT

My Scupper Pro sits better anchored from the bow.

Instead of a cleat mid cockpit to hold the anchor line, I'd fit two cleats to keep rope away from the cockpit - I fit one near my flush mount rod holders (used when anchoring from the stern) and one up in front of my feet (used when anchoring from the bow).

In strong tide or rough conditions advise anchoring from the bow.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I reckon that some of the "must haves" for an anchor trolley are over the top. Huge clips and cam cleats, who needs them.

Why is it not possible just to clip the anchor rope onto the trolley line. All you really need is two clips, two small pulleys, 2ft bungee and a loop of rope tied each end to a stainless triangle or ring. Make sure there is a single 75p plastic cleat to stop the trolley loop riding over the footwell. I see poeple buying expensive pulleys which look like they cost a £10 each. Stainless clips that are big enough to clip to a battle ship. Is all this really needed?

I have a very simplified trolley which works a treat. Nothing fancy but allows me to pull the set anchor to the front or back of the kayak.

DSCF0478.jpg

Thats why i've asked the question Gilbo. I have zero knowledge of kayak fishing.

Ask me a question on prison service expense forms and I'll tell you :P

Location - South East Wales

Red Prowler 13

Thats why i've asked the question Gilbo. I have zero knowledge of kayak fishing.

Ask me a question on prison service expense forms and I'll tell you :P

Dont know anything about prison service expense forms so I am struggling to think ofa question! Its a great thread you started and there are alternatives to the expensive build suggested on some sites and threads.

It does seem to me that you can build a trolley system without all the hassle that some would go to.

:thumbs:

We use dive reels which has cord on it like tent guide rope attached to the reel is a small bouy you can easily anchor from the back of the yak by just looping the slack cord around the bucket or crate if you use 1 if you get in any probs throw the lot over and pick it up when you've righted yourself