Fish finder power source

kennosen

Hey lads.. thinking of getting a Eagle cuda 168... wondered about the power options. I understand its going to be a battery but where do I get a good one suitable for the job? I'm wondering if its feasible to use 8xAA, anyone use this sort of solution?

thanks in advance.

Edited by kennosen

Hey lads.. thinking of getting a Eagle cuda 168... wondered about the power options. I understand its going to be a battery but where do I get a good one suitable for the job? I'm wondering if its feasible to use 8xAA, anyone use this sort of solution?

thanks in advance.

Just get a sealed battery from any car/motorbike/electric buggy/ golf cart (battery) supplier. In most industrail sites there are battery suppliers. Buy a charger for it and your sorted. If you take your fishfinder with you they will sort out a battery to suit.

Stick it in a lock lid with seal sandwich type box and resin or silicone this into the rear of the front hatch.

Lasts for hours and hours and may be able to power a light or someting aswell.

PA120027.jpg

:thumbs:

Cool, thanks for the info. Any 12volt battery would suffice then?

Its not that simple and its the Amp hours and drain - I think.

The one I have is a agmdeepcycle energy squadron ADC7.5 12v 7.5Ah

I found a charger called a "battery tender" which is waterproof and compact. You can leave your battery on constant charge with it. Called a Deltran Battery Tender 12v 800ma.

Hope this helps.

I have been searching for a battery for my hummingbird 565 that is on its way. I decided on a 7ah to ensure that there was plenty of juice for longer sessions. After searching about on the net for a decent deal I found the cheapest to be screwfix direct which was £13.98 inc vat, there is store near me so I didnt have to pay postage. When I opened it,It turned out to be a yuasa battery. The exact same one is £26.99 from maplins.

i have an eagle cuda 128??? i think and use a 12v 3.3amp battery from maplins which because the screen is black and white doesn't use much power at all.

i can get a good 20 hours out of the battery before recharge.....

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

i have an eagle cuda 128??? i think and use a 12v 3.3amp battery from maplins which because the screen is black and white doesn't use much power at all.

i can get a good 20 hours out of the battery before recharge.....

john

thats sounds hassle free, did the power cable for the finder fit ok onto the battery? or did you have to modify it?

the power cable ends come as standard with just bare wires so you need a couple of spade attatchments which you squeeze on using pliers and fit straight onto the battery (couple of pence in maplins)... took me 15 minutes to fit the fishfinder, batery and transducer.

i used velcro with an adhesive backing(from focus normally with all the duct tape) to fit the battery box so you can then take it out, also put a stip under the battery so it doesn't move around in the box while out on the water and easy to remove when you are going to transport the yak.

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

the power cable ends come as standard with just bare wires so you need a couple of spade attatchments which you squeeze on using pliers and fit straight onto the battery (couple of pence in maplins)... took me 15 minutes to fit the fishfinder, batery and transducer.

i used velcro with an adhesive backing(from focus normally with all the duct tape) to fit the battery box so you can then take it out, also put a stip under the battery so it doesn't move around in the box while out on the water and easy to remove when you are going to transport the yak.

john

Oh right, I'm with you. I like the idea of having bare wires to start with, that way you can modify to whatever you like, cool.

One more thing, sorry lads... is it essential to add an adequate fuse to the live wire from the battery?

:thumbs:

Edited by kennosen