dragon exhibition fishing show

calshent

hi, all

on the 9th of june there will be a dragon exhibition fishing show in the george carnell centre. is this a fishing tackle fair where i can purchase goods? any relevant websites would be usefull.

cheers, cal

Yes its organised by the guy from the Used Tackle Co in association with Vale Royal Angling Centre. I know this because I've had it in my diary since the dates were first published in Angling Times. I'm takin a mate who has just started fishing and with £50 I'm hoping to kit him out with all the accessories he needs. With that money he may even get a feeder rod and reel, yes its that cheap. Its also a good way to replenish all the bits and bobs but you have to rummage sometimes for things like hooks etc.

A bit of advice. There are bargains at the auction, which is the main part of the event, last time Carp keepnet Silver keepnet Landing Net and Handle 2 bank sticks and sweaty bag for 20 quid. This stuff is not your premier brand names ie Diawa but they are still good quality. I go to one of the shows every year and I haven't had reason to complain yet.

:lol::lol:

Edited by Ferg

I went to one of these shows a couple of years ago and have one bit of advice. Don't jump at the first bargain you see, have a look around first. Most of the equipment sold at these shows are exactly the same just sold by different stalls. I made the mistake of buying at the first stall and although it was a bargain I found the same item got cheaper and cheaper the further in I went. Have fun :thumbs:

Ant

Edited by Anthony78

Effort equals reward!!

I have been to a few of these shows, as they were described as massive! in fact compared to say the go fishing event at nec they were tiny, compridsing of about 10 stalls and then used tackle in an auction style format.

Now i have to admit, the gear offered by dragon carp cannot be bad for them money, there are about 5 different rods, comercial carp, feeder, waggler etc all for around 10-20 quid, and reels of similar ilk too.

I have bought bits n bobs before and for the money, i wouldnt care or be suprised if they broke 2nd time out.

An amusing observation however is when the unbelievble offers are built up and the guy says, ok first 10 people to raise their hands gets one....so then he stamds at the front and points and counts to ten, this is nothing more than an attempt at creating the illusion that you must grab one quick, because if you stand at the back, only a few people raise thier hands and he makes up the rest.

My advice is to not be fooled by this ploy, be patient and wait if you can to the end of the show when prices often drop by a little.

I agree zedhead. Another thing used to be at the 2 day events the stallholders would rather take home your money than their tackle so towards the end of the event the price of a lot of gear comes down a bit. Thats why we always used to go lunchtime Sunday. Last time a proper 50 inch wavelock brolly bought at the death for a tenner.

Result :thumbs::thumbs: