Anyone fished this venue

carl2920

Has anyone fished Caistron Lake its near to Thropton and Rothbury. Im going on the 11th of June any advice would be a great help as ive never fished it.

Fishing Kielder on the 6th June from the bank, fished it a few times, it seems very hit and miss, one visit a fish every five minutes, next visit finding it hard to draw any interest at all, maybe its a size thing, it is huge :schmoll:

never fished Keilder, but some photos of the lake bed that was dug out have been shown in recent pictures in the Hexham courant, which may help.

I once BBq's next to a fence which went into the water. As dusk came the fly life was solid and there were dozens of fish topping within yards of the shore.

As you mention, the water is huge, so fishing to features and following the wind would seem the safest bet.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

As you mention, the water is huge, so fishing to features and following the wind would seem the safest bet.

Right I might have a look up before I fish it again might even walk around it, the largest man-made lake in Europe with a whopping 27 miles of shoreline, maybe not :lol:

Anyone fished Caistron Lake ?

Guest franticfisherman2

Hi Carl, I haven't fished Caistron but I have heard it is quite shallow and can get weedy so I would go asap before the weed becomes a problem. Have a look here for some more info..............Caistron etc.

let us know how you get on!

Thanks frantic sound advice checked out that link and sent it to all the my mates going with me to caistron.

:D had a look at your videos fantastic footage reminds me of Bill Dance on YouTube :lol: