A Bit Of Advice On Fishing For Carp Please :)

henda11

Not necessarily. It depends on so many factors (weather, time of year, angling pressure, etc) and the individual peculiarities of the water that you're fishing. On my local stilwaters, the best time is often late afternoon and early evening, when the carp patrol the margins to pick up bait that anglers have lobbed in as they're packing up.

It varies from water to water and from day to day. The lake I fish most, fishes well from dusk until about 10am or sometimes 12. There are hot spells in that period but they too tend to vary from day to day.

Rob.

It varies from water to water and from day to day. The lake I fish most, fishes well from dusk until about 10am or sometimes 12. There are hot spells in that period but they too tend to vary from day to day.

Rob.

yeah agree it varies from water to water i've had 13fish from one syndicate i'm on this year and 11 of them have been between 5.30am and 5.45am wheras another water i go to the fish seem to come out between 7pm an 10pm

Yep agree totally. My advice would be to be prepared to get up early get to the venue and fish if you get them early on it's a bonus, be prepared for a lull around midday and try to stay on till early evening and hope they come back on the feed. If you do this you'll get the best piece of angling advice you need KNOWLEDGE OF THE WATER.

Me as far as i'm concerned i could sit all day and catch throughout or sit and blank but as far as i'm concerned you ain't going to catch nothing from your armchair so get out there as much as possible no matter what the weather cos you just don't know.

One other thing i do is take a small pole and if it does go dead during the day i bring in one rod and bag up on some of the other species which feed all day through and sometimes you'll be suprised what comes to the hook i once fish maggots for small silver fish and ended up with a bonus carp of 5lb