Phoning The EA Does Work

Elton

Guest Brumagem Phil
Fair enough blue, but was he really doing any harm? Maybe he WAS giving his son a few lessons.

Should he have told the lad "sorry son, can't do a bit of fishing today, got to get a license, and join the club, so best forget it. Wouldn't want your Dad to end up with a criminal record"

Den

You tore strips off me for stalking carp with a landing net, but have since stated that you have targetted carp during their spawning period for 50 years and now advocate ignoring rod licence and closed season laws.

I'm left scratching my head at your powers of reasoning! :g:

Thats very curious as the E.A have no juristiction over bass fishermen thats sea fisheries or something similar. I find it difficult to imagine the EA giving an answer like that to something that has nothing at all to do with them.

hi maff, il pm you details of who it was that told me and where.cheers dave.

Thats very curious as the E.A have no juristiction over bass fishermen thats sea fisheries or something similar. I find it difficult to imagine the EA giving an answer like that to something that has nothing at all to do with them.

In some estuaries the EA acts as the Sea Fisheries Committee, with full enforcement powers.

And if inshore nets are being used that might interfere with the run of salmon and/or sea trout, they will take action (they are responsible for coarse fish and migratory species out to 6 miles).

They are also responsible for any eel fishing out to 6 miles, and eel fyke nets need an EA licence.

The EA are represented on Sea Fisheries Committees ,and EA and SFC officers will often work together.

If a matter is reported to them, which is not in their jurisdiction, then they should contact either the SFC's fishery officer, or the Marine Fisheries Agency enforcement officer.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust