Daiwa 125M

seph

A friend at work has given me his 125m to look at as the housing over the spool will not come off. Upon trying to turn the housing to release it, it just makes an noise and upon inspecting it, it is dragging over the the main gear. Any further attempts will eventually grind the gears down. Everything else is working fine on the reel. Any ideas on how to remove the housing so we can get at the spool?

Paul

I have an old daiwa harrier 125m i never use (never liked it preffered the abu's)

if you want it you can have it mutilate it for spares or just clean it up. feels a bit sticky but nothing a bit of oil wouldnt sort in my view.

silly question seph i'm guessing you know what your doing but summat i realised with this reel compared to the abu's is you just pull the spool straight off , not twist to unlock

Edited by terry t shirt

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Terry,

that would be great if you don't mind letting me have it, I am sure my friend at work would be well chuffed. I will get it in tip top shape before giving it to him.

It is not the spool that I cannot get off, it is the housing over the spool with the pick up pin on. I have never liked the Daiwa's and have always used Abu's myself.

Paul

Hi

Had exactly the same problem with mine last year - the drum rotated but wouldnt come off to reveal the spool - turns out line had wrapped around the centre spindle. The way I got mine off was to completely tighten up the clutch and twist, and eventually the drum came off - I assume the twsting cut the line and the tight clutch aided this. One alternative I considered was opening the reel and seeing if the spindle/spool etc could be released and then getting access to the spool and drum from teh back.

Hope this helps

A.