Garmin Transducer problem ....

Volusian

Hi all ... Anyone here use this type of Garmin Transon mount Transducer in their kayak ....

515390_oi.jpg

..... having some problems locating mine at the moment and getting a good consistant signal. Ive mounted it on the inner Hull with matstic .... araldite ... in a container filled with water etc and the signal is hit and miss .... however if it remove it and place it direct in the sea its fine.

Dont really want to fit it out of the kayak if i can help it but has anyone else got this transducer and successfully fitted it in-hull on their kayak ??

thanks ...

Same as mine.

Originally fixed with 2 ton epoxy which cracked off after first year,then fixed with marine mastic.

I occasionally lose the signal but if I switch it off an on again it returns ok.

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

I just use Vaseline and gaffer tape without any problem

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?