fish finders

jerseytrev

is there any advantage of a colour screen or have most got b/w but with dual beam . other question garman or hummingbird. been looking at garman 140 . any thoughts from any of you with sounders on this .

:thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

i have a humminbird 363c gps and fishfinder combi unit works well and is a great little unit a bit pricey at £300 but worth it i feel. its only got a black and white screen and you could pay extra for the 383c with colour but i'm unsure how much difference it makes ( I believe you can apparently see differences in the bottom structure better in bright light with a colour screen because of the contrasting colours as opposed to the shades of gray with a black and white screen however i,ve rarely had any problems with just a black and white screen.)the built in gps and maps are useful for marking waypoints on interesting fish holding structures and also i've found it very useful when on one occasion we were out in the fog and couldn't see the beach even though it was less than 100 yards away and we used the gps to return to the launch point thus avoiding problems with groynes and landing in the wrong place.

is there any advantage of a colour screen or have most got b/w but with dual beam . other question garman or hummingbird. been looking at garman 140 . any thoughts from any of you with sounders on this .

Hummingbord and Eagle Cudra are better than the Garmin - in my opinion!

Have heard from many others of how delicate the Garmin can be.

I have the Eagle Cudra 168 and had no problems and it all works fine. Dont know about colour and seem happy with the B&W. It shows me enough to get on.