Carp Fishing in Essex

smiffster

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and fish for carp mainly in Essex. Having tried a few day ticket fisheries (A12 Lakes, Great Oakley, Highwoods Country Park), can anyone recommend any other good day ticket venues?

Hi

I have just moved from Essex after many years, what sort of water you after, like a runs water or a target water and what part of Essex are you in and how far do you want to travel??

Let us know and I will give you some idea's.

Hi and cheers for the replies. I looked at the Ongar website. It certainly looks worth a visit. It seems you have to be a member to fish the night there though :(

Trev, I am based in Colchester (N. Essex). I'm not fussy about the type of water as I like to try to different venues and new challenges. I am willing to travel anywhere in Essex or Suffolk (being close to the Suffolk border). I don't think travelling much more than an hour or so is worth it for visiting day venues, but I'm willing to go a bit further for longer session fishing.

Hi and cheers for the replies. I looked at the Ongar website. It certainly looks worth a visit. It seems you have to be a member to fish the night there though :(

Trev, I am based in Colchester (N. Essex). I'm not fussy about the type of water as I like to try to different venues and new challenges. I am willing to travel anywhere in Essex or Suffolk (being close to the Suffolk border). I don't think travelling much more than an hour or so is worth it for visiting day venues, but I'm willing to go a bit further for longer session fishing.

If your in Colchester, then you have CAPS, great club and price and some good waters. if you want a hard but target water, try little Easton Manor, if you want more about the manor, I will pm about that place.I was a member of Saffron Walden club, they have 3 lakes, one a runs water up to 30lb, then 2 harder waters, Mepal has some nice 30lb+ leathers. 40 acre plantation is at Billericay (stock) thats a small runs waters, had some 20+'s out there. Gerry Hamonds got Brooke lake, trying to think if it's Broxbourne or Cheshunt on the Carthanega complex (not sure if thats spelt right) Spains hall at Finchingfield is a small runs water, just for a bend in the rod, 25-50 fish in a day type of place up to about 20+. Church manor, think thats right, between Sawbridgeworth and Chelmsford.Billericay club have some good waters.

Can try and think of some more for you.

Cheers

Trevor

Edited by trevor2003

what sort of water you after, like a runs water or a target water

Sorry to butt in, but what do you mean by this? (I'm not a carp angler, so apologies if this is everyday language for you lot!)

Sorry to butt in, but what do you mean by this? (I'm not a carp angler, so apologies if this is everyday language for you lot!)

Hi

You can get commercial waters/fisheries, that are highly stocked with small carp and you can catch them easy one after the other, or have run after run on your alarms/baitrunners, hence the name runs water or in other words easy fishing.

A target or hard water is where you might be targeting just one fish and could fish the lake every day for a year and only catch one fish, but it could be 30-40lb, they tend to have a lower stock number, but bigger/ higher weight of fish and the carp can be very weary. Some are quite mature lakes rather than freshly dug holes in the ground, stocked to the brim with small carp and just interested in making big money, rather than fish care or safety, before anyone jumps in, not implying all are like this.

Hope that gives you an idea of what I mean.

Edited by trevor2003

Highwoods (where I fished last sunday) is like that. Largely fished by kids drinking cans of Stella. One common I pulled out had its barbules missing. I also saw kids landing carp and not using unhooking mats. An easy lake to fish but I certainly felt sorry for the poor carp in there. A better-run day ticket is A12 lakes where he DOES look after his fish and has strict rules which he DOES enforce.

Highwoods (where I fished last sunday) is like that. Largely fished by kids drinking cans of Stella. One common I pulled out had its barbules missing. I also saw kids landing carp and not using unhooking mats. An easy lake to fish but I certainly felt sorry for the poor carp in there. A better-run day ticket is A12 lakes where he DOES look after his fish and has strict rules which he DOES enforce.

Hi mate

Tried to PM you, but you won't alow them, got some info for you.