Shimano or Daiwa?

faze3

shameless cut and paste from another forum, thanks to pedro.

I have all types of beach, rock, spinning, bass, boat rods both in tele and standard. Teles can be great depending on what you need them for! All my air holiday rods are tele so they go in the suitcase( I lie just got a 6 piece beach rod for holidays!) Teles go in a rucksack for rock fishing trips, better if you go by bike or have a small car where beachcasters dont fit! They split down the middle if you get grit in them and open them quickly!! You can leave them fully rigged yet close them up for moving to new marks! The 7 to 11 ft 20 - 50 gr teles are great for spinning and lure fishing and for fishing inthe Med!

2 or 3 piece rods tend to be tougher and theres far more choice! You would have to have a special reason I to want a tele! My tele beachcasters are all "soft" rods with little real progression in the bend but did land a 12lb bass and regularly 6 mackies at a time!

The rings tend to be a weakness on them. Hope my rambling on helps!

After many years away from the sport I'm getting back to my fishing. I'm going to stick to my spinning which I always enjoyed most and as most of my time available will be the odd hour here and there I've decided to go for a telescopic. Any views on comparing the Daiwa Vertice Telespin and the Shimano Exage Mini Spnning rods?

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

Teles have come on in leaps & bounds ,,,,i do a lot of spinning , but to be quit honest i would go for a 2 piece about 9ft long ive stuck to a old abu , it beats some of this hyped up modern crapp hands down ,,the little shimano spinning reals are sh*t hot as well ,they come with spare spools so if you get a prob ,, u ,just chuck it in your bag & put a spare spool on ,,, :clap2: ,

Edited by groyne bandit

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,