Which rod?

Darlo

I'm new to fishing and have only been carp fishing with a 2.75 lb t/c fox rod with 15lb line. I'm going to a commercial water in a couple of weeks and was wondering which float rod is best at a budget?

i.e what t/c and line should I be using. The water is stacked with many species but float fishing for carp is what I want to concentrate on. It holds carp to 20lb

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to make my life difficult for catching bream etc but also don't want to get my tackle snapped easily when catching a good sized carp.

There are MANY hundreds of Commercial Carp rods out there!! But my advice would certainly to be to pay a visit to your local shop and ask there advice! Tell them WHAT you want to spend and stick to it!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I chose the Leeda 12ft Concept Carp Match Rod for a mate who was looking for an allround float rod. Money wasn't an object and we looked at several rods costing upto £100 and this one came out as the best choice. It was only £29.99 at the time. I've used the rod several times and it is a joy to use.

I found one online for £22.99, which I reckon is virtually throwing it away. It really is a nice rod and I couldn't see anyone having a problem with it in their hands.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I'm new to fishing and have only been carp fishing with a 2.75 lb t/c fox rod with 15lb line. I'm going to a commercial water in a couple of weeks and was wondering which float rod is best at a budget?

i.e what t/c and line should I be using. The water is stacked with many species but float fishing for carp is what I want to concentrate on. It holds carp to 20lb

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to make my life difficult for catching bream etc but also don't want to get my tackle snapped easily when catching a good sized carp.

personally i use a MAP matchtek number 2 waggler, this may seem a little light but if you couple it with a 2500 reel loadid with 6lbs b/s then its soft action is more than capable of taming zoo creature type carp up to 15lbs, it takes a bit of careful time to play and land them but the fun is tremendous they cost in the region of £120 about 2 1/2 years ago so i wouldn't know what they are going for now.

mooserx