Whitby Charter Skippers Summer Festival II

Deepseacodmaster

I would like to extend my thanks to the Whitby folks who made my first inshore trips a very happy and worthwhile experience.

Monday night a carry out, Cod and Chips from the Magpie, eaten on the pier. (you just cannot get the same in Derbyshire)

Tuesday morning out with Rich on the Shy-Torque, learned some of the Whitby rigs, caught cod and ling after the mackrel bait fishing.

Tuesday night, seafood casserole at Trenchers, excellent.

Wednesday on the Achates with Russ and a very funny crowd from Sheffield. Learned more Whitby tricks and rigs. Caught more cod and Ling.

Haddock chips and peas at Trenchers for my supper.

Thursday out with Colin on the Saxon Lady, put some of my learning to use and got a PB ling of 10lbs 8oz

Thursday night, picked up my filleted catches, which had been kept in the freezer for me at my excellent digs at the Arundel Hotel, arrived home after driving through heavy rain at 8.30 pm.

Each morning at 6am. I had a cup of tea, read the paper and had egg and bacon toasted sandwich carry out from the local cafe, where big cod has his breaky.

Squid and tackle was also readily available from the local tackle shops from 6am.

All in All a good break with three very good different Skippers and boats.

I would recommend this festival to every sea angler who wants a good time.

Will be back to do better next time

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbs:

Sounds like you had a good time ivan a good bunch of lads colin, russ and richard they are all really nice guys the july festival 2008 is going to be the big one some fantastic prize money is going to be on offer the full spec for next year will posted up on here soon after the end of this present festival.

regards.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Sounds like you had a good time ivan a good bunch of lads colin, russ and richard they are all really nice guys the july festival 2008 is going to be the big one some fantastic prize money is going to be on offer the full spec for next year will posted up on here soon after the end of this present festival.

regards.

paul.

Paul

Can you do me a favour and pass my comments on to the Skippers and crews.

Some of them have no internet connections.

Glad you had a good do Ivan..we have had 2 trips called off this week...so whats going to happen next I don't know..there should be some nice fish this week I hope...think I might do the festival next year and stay over like you did..anyway good luck to all

Cracking Deepseacodmaster. :clap:

Unfortunately ours was called off, Saturday 7th, because of adverse weather conditions. :(

However we are looking forward to the September Whitby Boat Fishing Festival. :thumbs:

See you all there. :clap2:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif