DAY 11 WHTIBY CHARTER SKIPPERS SUMMER FESTIVAL

big_cod

Day 11 Results

Sean Cowshaw of Sheffield was today's winner with a Ling of 20 pounds 6 ounces. A great catch but unfortunately just not big enough to get Sean into the festivals top 3 places.

1st Sean Cowwshaw Sheffield - Ling 20 pounds 6 ounces - Sea Spray

2nd John Veins Stockton Ling 17-11.5 - 2 doggs

3rd Glenn Stokes Sheffield - Ling 13-2 - Sea Otter 2

Unfortunately I did not get a snap of today's winner but I did get a couple of interesting pics of this young 6 year old who fished on Saxon Lady and caught a ling of 8 pounds and apparently managed to reel it in all on his own

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Trot-on was fishing South of me off Scarborough today Paul, have you guys caught all the Cod off Whitby??

Hi topecatcher there is still a massive abundanse of cod still here it was the 2nd to last day of our fishing festival the water inshore is now a little green due to all the rain we have had thus setting the algie bloom off again paul on trot on was down your neck of your woods looking for a big crock but was unlucky but those wrecks have been good to him over the years.

I myselfy ventured out the wall of death which is situated approx 26 miles from whitby the water was crystal clear out there fishing in over 240ft of water the fishing was excellent cod and ling were coming aboard litteraly non stop we didnt beat the 21lb ling but our best went over 18lb cod went also into doulble figures i think the 2 lads who chartered sea- otter 2 all week had finished there week off in great style.

regards

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

We also had plenty of fish biggest a ling of 20lbs although the biggest Cod was about 9lbs. Think I might check out the deepwater myself soon haven't been out there this year.

Cheers Dave