Hello

Mr Bump

hello all

I've done a search and read through a lot sof posts here - good forum btw :thumbs:

I'm shopping round for some carp gear, done a lot of sea fishing in the past using budget kit and some that's not so budget and come to the conclusion I'd rather pay the extra tenner or 2 and get kit that's nicer to use..but without breaking the bank.

it seems that everyone has an offer on..

It seems that the Wychwood rods have a good reputation, bit confused tho are Rage and Reaction better or worse than one another? either can be had for about the same price

seen these offers, what do you reccomend?

http://www.climaxtackle.com/wychwood/delux...od_carp_set.htm

http://www.marsh-tackle.com/Offers.aspx

http://www.climaxtackle.com/wychwood/carp_rods.htm

Sorry to ask the same old questions :wallbash: thanks for any help

Cheers

Andy

There's more to going fishing than catching fish.

Someone will be able to nail this one for you, I would not as I don't actually know the rod itself. BUT Wychwood is CERTAINLY as good as most you will find and the freespin reels I know were being knocked out at around the £40 mark each when new. For MY money I reckon that Marsh are as good as anyone and the setup looks pretty good. Both price wise and in context of what you get for our money.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

hello all

I've done a search and read through a lot sof posts here - good forum btw :thumbs:

I'm shopping round for some carp gear, done a lot of sea fishing in the past using budget kit and some that's not so budget and come to the conclusion I'd rather pay the extra tenner or 2 and get kit that's nicer to use..but without breaking the bank.

It seems that the Wychwood rods have a good reputation, bit confused tho are Rage and Reaction better or worse than one another? either can be had for about the same price

Cheers

Andy

I got the Wychwood set up from climax after having to set up again from scratch on a budget,as I left all my gear with my son when I moved away to Kent.

I have since upgraded it, but kept the old set up for floating on the top etc. For quality and price you are going to have a job to find better, it's a cracking little set up, the reactions and rogue reels are good and far better than anything say £10 cheaper, not worth trying to look as anything cheaper will not match the quality and performance, the pod is good, only complaint is wish it had a little more adjustment on it's length, screamer indicators are a match for the basic Fox or Nash ones and the alarms, though basic, do there job well and are well made.

I would say go for the complete 2 rod set up all for £149.99 and promise you won't be disappointed :thumbs:

Edited by trevor2003

Someone will be able to nail this one for you, I would not as I don't actually know the rod itself. BUT Wychwood is CERTAINLY as good as most you will find and the freespin reels I know were being knocked out at around the £40 mark each when new. For MY money I reckon that Marsh are as good as anyone and the setup looks pretty good. Both price wise and in context of what you get for our money.

Thanks, Chris

this one? Wychwood Reaction carp rod 12ft 2 3/4tc+Rogue freespin 50 reel £49.99.

This combo should sell for £80.00!!!!!!!

that's why I'm confused as the Climax Tackle offer seems to have all the kit without any fill in stuff that won't get used.

I don't have a lot of mobility at the moment so it's mail order rather than going to a shop and taking a look at kit :blink:

Hi Mr Bump

Just out of interest how much are you willing to spend as this does matter.

I have a pair of wychwood rage rods, a 2.5 tc and a 3lb tc and a pair of wychwood maximiser freespin 80s. A rod and reel, cost about £80 squid. Now consider the money paid i am well impressed with these. I would not change. My advice get a pair of wychwood rages but thats my opinion. I also know that they have stopped making the wychwood rage rods, so yo may have to look about abit, but they are still about.

Hope that helps

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Thanks all

I was originally looking for one half decent rod and reel and a budget ebay pod and alarms/detectors maybe about 100 quidish or so in total could stretch to 150 for the Climax kit.

Is the Reaction a new rod to replace the Rage?

Dunno, but that is why the rod's are so cheap!! Do an ASK Dom on them?? See if you can't get a better price??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi Mr Bump

Just out of interest how much are you willing to spend as this does matter.

I have a pair of wychwood rage rods, a 2.5 tc and a 3lb tc and a pair of wychwood maximiser freespin 80s. A rod and reel, cost about £80 squid. Now consider the money paid i am well impressed with these. I would not change. My advice get a pair of wychwood rages but thats my opinion. I also know that they have stopped making the wychwood rage rods, so yo may have to look about abit, but they are still about.

Hope that helps

STC

Not sure if the Reaction rods are still made or not, as they are not in the latest Wychwood catalouge, so that might be why Climax are pushing them out cheap, as they are the last of the old stock, but don't be put off by that, they are good, also worth a look is the JRC Skyliners in 2 3/4 TC, they are going for £25 each and are brilliant rods for the price, had many of + 20lb carp on them a few years back when I started with them and look for a couple of cheap baitrunners, but if you could stretch to the Climax Wychwood deal, they are well worth the money, don't go for a realy cheap pod and indicators though, they are only get what you pay for jobs and some are prety nasty. The Leada or Giant cheap alarms are good for the price, had a pair of these years ago and they still work fine, kept them as spares, some places are doing 3 in a case for a £10.

As to Climax's service if you want to do mail order, it is top rate and fast delivery.

hello all

Cheers

Andy

Fox Rangemaster 2 rods there very good and at a reasonable price too £65 - £70 each

Fox Rangemaster 2 rods there very good and at a reasonable price too £65 - £70 each

Once you start getting up to that price,you might aswell pay a bit more and get Greys Prodigy's with a lifetime warranty and a far better rod all round.