Rivets ok for rod mounts?

JRT

• 3 weeks later...
I notice most use bolts to fix rod mounts. Is there a reason for this or will padeye rivets be ok? The mount is a 2 hole RAM Mount if that makes a difference?

Cheers

JRT

You will need special rivets for fixing items on polyurethane. Ordinary pop-rivets can pull true.

Use aluminium 'trifold rivets' instead . Please read the article on 'TopKayakker.net' (BASICS OF STRAP EYES, RIVETS AND WELL NUTS). :thumbs:

Timely, just about to add rod/paddle clips by rivet. Supplied ones are plastic rivets on a metal 'rod'.

http://www.sit-on-topkayaking.com/Articles...aintenance.html

Hey Mark :thumbs:

My rod holder is held by "peel" rivets which are aluminium and have held it rock solid for the last 2.5 years :thumbs: You can see them through the hatch and they are only coming out when theyare cut out!!! They have to be reasonably long to get through the yak and the holder!

SDD~~~~~ :thumbs: