VX-3 Bite Alarms

Hi all, ive recently puchased a couple of new bite alarms from my local tackle shop and they seem like very good alarms for £14.99 each, there is a range of them going from VX-2's to VX-3's and 4's. but my query is who is the manufacturer? it doesnt state and where on the alarms themselves or the packaging. Does anyone know? just curious that's all.

I just Googled them and nobody seems to state the manufacturer, so I'd hazard a guess that they are some kind of mass produced Far Eastern one. Found them at very low prices, too. i.e. http://www.affordabletackle.co.uk/Bite%20Alarms.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

thanks elton, christ they are low prices! very good alarms though. i tried googling them but i couldn't find anywhere that stated the manufacturer either

These alarms are going for peanuts on Fleabay aswell, but they seem to work ok, some times it's a case of the less there is in them, the less there is to go wrong, as long as they are waterproof that is.

they seem to be waterproof, i mean arent all alarms water resistant? i havent actually used them yet but will be next week as i am off to norfolk. i have tested them at home though and they seem to work fine

They are supposed to be waterproof yes, but I had a cheap little alarm years ago, think it was a mini mouse, it was great and worked fine, untill one day fished in horrendus rain and it died, took it apart and dried with a hair dyer, but alas no response, then after a few weeks it started going again. :blink:

yes ive had the exact same thing happen with one of my alarms i used before i bought these ones, they were water proof and withstood all weather, until one night i was on holiday with the log cabin by the lake and when i packed in for the night whilst it was raining, i left the pod up on the veranda. the next morning it was struggling to work as it had rained heavily overnight. as well as you, i dried it out and it worked fine again. there must be a certain amount of weathering all alarms can take before that happens