Looking for Fife or Angus suggestions

JerryA

Hello to you all. I'm hopping to get out onto the shoreline this friday evening. I have been out a few times over the last year in Fife, with a little success. Can you give any suggestions as to where in Fife or Angus could produce some results? I'm based in Dunfermline and have a trip to organise for Friday evening and the following Tuesday evening.

Thanks

Jerry

Wahay, im from Dunfermline as well, great to know im not alone. Ive been buzzing around here for a week now asking all sorts of questions, in particular where to fish in fife. Although my limited experience prohibits me from dispensing any valuble advice, it would be worth checking out my post "beachcasting in fife". I got some great suggestions, and i fully intend to test them out once my new rod arrives next week. Dont give up on the Forth yet, as somebody said to me, now isnt a good time and if you are going to fish conditions have to be right. Have you actually caught anything? Stick around AN because it could be usefull having a fellow angler so local, to share advice and all that.

Hi Guys, I was talking to my mate last night, he lives in Buckhaven and was fishing our club comp.He fished near Methill. There were about 12-14 fishing it, only thing caught was a 6in Coalie, and seemingly the conditions were almost ideal, i.e. wind,and tide etc. So, it seems it is a bit early yet.He did say, that maybe Crail would be better.

PS, Nearly forgot, Jerry welcome to AN, You will have some fun here. I fish at Buckhaven....

[ 09. February 2004, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Thanks for the Info Norrie. I take it that it is a little hit and miss at this time of year then?

Sythor, it is good to hear someone else from Dunfermline appreciates the sea fishing. I'll keep an eye out for any of your postings and let you know of anything that I learn of over the coming months.

I have been buying some bait in Kirkcaldy and digging up the Lugs, any other places where you could recommend?

J

Jerry, Yes, a big bit hit and miss this year so far...not a lot being caught at all. But, as soon as I hear anything, I'll post it on here.

All the best.

Norrie

Theocritis..

It WILL get better, it's been not too bad the last couple of years, we've had codling to 5.1/2lb at Buckhaven,(tho' not by me)and some belters of Coalies to over 6lb and Wrasse to 4.1/2lb also, the Mackeral are the biggest I've ever seen. The weather and conditions havent been the best so far this year.

So, Hang on in there. :D

Theocritis..

Sythor as Norrie says hang on in there. Don't give up before you've even started. Practice makes perfect. Fishing generally takes a nose dive at this time of year as water temperatures reach their lowest point and also due to alot of freshwater entering the sea.