Fishing Walthamstow Reservoirs

Elton

Posted on behalf of Danny3. Please add all replies to this thread:

has anyone fished walthamstow resorvoirs lately? is it just carp and bream nowdays and do you have to fish to the islands for the carp or can they be caught anywhere?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I havn't fished any of the Walthamstow resevoirs for 5 years at least, since I used to live that side of Hackney but they were heading in the mainly specimen fish direction then. Theres some huge bream in the resevoirs and some very large Carp too.

Anything under 3/4 lbs can be very thin on the ground indeed. The reason being I would say is theres the largest population of inland Comorants I've seen in this country...

On the smaller gated resevoir, closest to Springfield Marina theres a roost on the island in the middle of I would say at 80-100 birds. If you look at the island under which they roost, it's white with excrement, there was even a story that the water company were struggling with the water quality due to the droppings...

Although I don't coarse fish the resevoirs myself, I live very near by and often speak to people who do fish there. It's mainly carp, bream, and pike that people fish for there. There are some big ones there too. However if you are coming to this part of the world then I'd suggest that you give the Lee Navigation a try.