Bite Alarm Advice

Elton

Luckily I have only had one rod dragged into the water from banksticks and alarm, that was a tench of around 5lb, it was my own fault as I forgot to put the bait runner on. I was close to the rods and it still went in ! I grabbed my net and managed to net the underside of the reel as it was on its way out into the lake. A lesson learnt.

A friend of mine was at the end of a weeks session and had a lot of action in the nights, so he woke up on the last morning and after checking his rods, felt sure he had three out the night before and now only 2. He seamed to recall in a dream the sound of an alarm, then realised it must have been a run in the night, so he quickly got his marker rod and float out and after a couple of cast's and feeling around, felt what he thought was his rod. As not to far out, he waded in and reached down and low and behold it was his rod. He picked it up and started to wind in and then landed a 12lb mirror. :clap2:

A friend of mine was at the end of a weeks session and had a lot of action in the nights, so he woke up on the last morning and after checking his rods, felt sure he had three out the night before and now only 2. He seamed to recall in a dream the sound of an alarm, then realised it must have been a run in the night, so he quickly got his marker rod and float out and after a couple of cast's and feeling around, felt what he thought was his rod. As not to far out, he waded in and reached down and low and behold it was his rod. He picked it up and started to wind in and then landed a 12lb mirror. :clap2:

Now that was lucky , Landed a fish as well !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.