Edinburgh fringe festival

Happy Dude

hi folks,

had a day off work yesterday and as it was one of those rare hot summers days that have been lacking recently it would have been a shame to waste it doing housework. so i decided to have an afternoon on the "royal mile" in edinburgh and take some pics with my new camera.

as usual the best laid plans and all that i get a call from the school that my youngest son (11) wasn't well so i went to pick him up.

it's just a cold he has so i took him with me as the fresh air would do him good.

the street was mobbed and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves

i mainly stuck to picture of interesting characters and some of the street acts who were very good

FESTIVAL1.jpg

FESTIVAL2.jpg

FESTIVAL4.jpg

FESTIVAL6.jpg

FESTIVAL7.jpg

one for the boys

FESTIVAL8.jpg

one for the ladies

FESTIVAL9.jpg

i stopped for a couple of beers and some coke for sean, it's hot thirsty work this photography...lol

this is one of the buildings opposite the "deacon brodies" pub

FESTIVAL10.jpg

saw this interesting character, took this with my 200mm zoom

FESTIVAL11.jpg

he's a tall laddie....

FESTIVAL12.jpg

got my wife to meet us after work and we went for a nice, albeit expensive festival inflated priced meal on the royal mile watching everything going past.

what a nice day out, and the sun was shining what more could you want??

les

Edited by Happy Dude

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Fantastic to be there now. Auld reekie at this time of year feels like "the center of the world"....

Jim.

hi jim,

well for about a square mile surrounding the royal mile.

i have a business about 2 miles away and we don't get a sniff, if you see an american on my street he's usually looking at a map scratching his head because he's stayed on the bus too long....lol

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Great pictures Les.Sounds like a good day. Seems like you are now well enconsed on this photo forum.Hang around mate the crack is good and there are some really top notch photographers here - myself excluded but at least I try :headhurt:

Will I see you down the Mull of Galloway again this year. Still waiting for my tope fishing trip :thumbs::thumbs:

Back over to our caravan 31 Aug - 09 Sep. Catch ya later mate :)

Do these look familiar mate?

Les1.jpg

Les2.jpg

Theorchestra.jpg

Thecrazygang.jpg

Is nothing sacred!! :drunk::bigemo_harabe_net-163::crazy:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Some nice shots there Les. The building one you got is nice and sharp and I like that one of the lady? with the cards, although it looks like she might have two heads. :D .

HB.

HB, i just think she had run out of veet wax :yucky:

there was a whole bunch of them dressed in lingerie but i didn't want to be seen taking too many pics of them, might end up on "the register"...lol

i got a couple of other pics of the buildings, when i get a min i'll put them up

don't know how that one if so sharp anyway, i'd had about 6 pints of stella by the time i took it :rolleyes:

Edited by Happy Dude

WalkingPinhead.gif

Great pictures Les.Sounds like a good day. Seems like you are now well enconsed on this photo forum.Hang around mate the crack is good and there are some really top notch photographers here - myself excluded but at least I try :headhurt:

Will I see you down the Mull of Galloway again this year. Still waiting for my tope fishing trip :thumbs::thumbs:

Back over to our caravan 31 Aug - 09 Sep. Catch ya later mate :)

Do these look familiar mate?

Les1.jpg

Is nothing sacred!! :drunk::bigemo_harabe_net-163::crazy:

nice pic of patrick the pirate there....

good one of me playing with ian burretts wifes knockers :rolleyes::thumbs:

i'm back down to fish with ian on the week after you, tony's coming and another guy called alan.

got 2 days on "onyer marks"

WalkingPinhead.gif