Wroxham

Biggles

Hi,

I am up at Wroxham next week and was wondering if anyone has been fishing the Bure recently. I haven't fished that part of the Broads for a few years now, so if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. I will be taking feeder, waggler and lure rods and will have access to a boat with an outboard, altough will only get a couple of hours morning and evening.

Many thanks in advance

Biggles

hi

i was in wroxham in july, and salhouse broad which is between wroxham and horning was fishing particularly well for silver fish on maggot and caster.

the pike are pretty widespread and relatively easy to catch. if i were you id try fishing 50 yards upstream of the railway bridge at wroxham for perch. believe me, there are some beauties in there! also try fishing from the moorings at the entrance to wroxham broad as that was fishing well for skimmers and perch

good luck!

Hello Biggles

Have a search for Norfolk Broads threads as there have been one or two good ones recently... Havn't fished up wroxham way for a month or so but theres good catches coming out all along the rivers at the moment. The tidals havn't really been affected by last weeks deluges.

Having said that there may still be a little dirty water coming through on the ebb tide from the upper river. It might only be noticeable up the railway bridge at Wroxham where the rivers narrower. But I doubt it'll really affect the fishing if at all..

Have a good week..