broadlands lake nr calmore

basshead07

hi all,

i went to broadlands lake for the first time yesterday and it was great those of u who no it its considered the best lake in the south anyway if u no the lake there is a match lake a main lake and a lower lake i decided to fish the lower lake and as soon as i arrived there was 7-8 big cap in my swim on the surface i hadnt prepared for surface fishing but got what i coul together and managed to get some dog biscuits (only a handfull) after throwing some dog biscuits in they didnt respond very quickly at all and then suddnly there was a feeding frenzy due to 1 carp noesing a bait now i noticed when it calmed down a bit there was 5 or 6 carp circling but they were big circles one second they wer there next they were 10 meteres up but every time they came round a diffrent carp would feed i found a bit strange but after running out of dog biscuit they stop feeding but still circling looking for bait i had to catch one and whilst eating a sandwhich i thought were can i get bread or dogbiscuits from then i just about to take another bite when it hit me THE SANDWHICH!!! so i took some bread from the sandwhich and had one more cast for them i casted perfectly in to a particular common carp i had my eyes on one of the small ones but was mint condition! and it saw the bait land and came straight up to see what it was all of a sudden a big mouth came out of the water and engulfed my bread after a very nice fight it came to the net i thought 5 maybe 6 pounds looking at the length but i picked it up and boy was i wrong i was really round and the thickest fish ive ever caught or seen! it came in at 9 pounds for a fish that should of been five judging by the length luckily enough i had a bet with my mums boyfriend on who catches the most fish and the biggest he lost 4 and i lost 2 and caught 1 so seeing as tho it was the only fish caught i pocketed £15 so it was a great days fishing! ill post the picture asap

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Good on ya!

I used to drive past Broadlands a lot back in the days when I sea fished and always wondered if it held any good fish. Is it a day ticket? Got a web address?

I'm fishing again after a break of many years it's always nice to hear about lakes I 'know'.

Looking forward to the pic

There's more to going fishing than catching fish.

yes it is a day ticket venue quite expensive but well worth it £9 for adult £7 for junior and yes it does have a web address you should try it it really is an amazing lake!broadlands

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

• 2 weeks later...

hiya all went there again monday with similar result but a wierd thing happend while using tf gears matt hayes surface controllor they carp where attacking that and not the bait in some cases i even reeled in slowly to get the bait near them but they continued to follow the float i got a 10 lb barrel of a common carp!