How much tackle do you take fishing?

kestrel

Well i think i take just enough gear! I hate seeing anglers taking masses of stuff! I only take what i know i will use eg:rods,tackle,bait,net,bivvy,bed & food! I think theres been about 2 times i havent even took a bivvy or umbrella!it depends on the weather & the location!...........(WATER PURIFIER) never heard that but sounds like a cracking idea! So do you actually use the pond water?......WOW U LEAN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY! :)

It's amazing isn't it, that now we are being constantly reminded of the need to hydrate, I take about one and a half litres of water with me when I go fishing for the day. When I was young, I used to take a flask with me in the winter, that held three small cups of drinking chocolate. I don't actually remember taking a drink with me at all in the summer, although I suppose I must have done.

I used to be able to get all my tackle into one of those wicker baskets, that went onto the rack of my bicycle. I doubt if I would get my bait into such a container these days. Water alone weighs a fair bit and I now take much more bait than I used to. Then there is the unhooking mat, which was unheard of in those days. This is already amounting to a fair bit of weight and bulk, without even starting on the actual fishing tackle. Add some kind of weather protection to that and it's already starting to look like the amount of gear that would make the SAS start to panic, so it seems that travelling light is mainly out of the question these days.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

It's amazing isn't it, that now we are being constantly reminded of the need to hydrate, I take about one and a half litres of water with me when I go fishing for the day. When I was young, I used to take a flask with me in the winter, that held three small cups of drinking chocolate. I don't actually remember taking a drink with me at all in the summer, although I suppose I must have done.

I used to be able to get all my tackle into one of those wicker baskets, that went onto the rack of my bicycle. I doubt if I would get my bait into such a container these days. Water alone weighs a fair bit and I now take much more bait than I used to. Then there is the unhooking mat, which was unheard of in those days. This is already amounting to a fair bit of weight and bulk, without even starting on the actual fishing tackle. Add some kind of weather protection to that and it's already starting to look like the amount of gear that would make the SAS start to panic, so it seems that travelling light is mainly out of the question these days.

It is hard to cut down significantly, you can leave extra weights etc at home. I agree when I was younger I don't remember taking so much water with me and now you a need unhooking mat, large net , end tackle. I think we just use too many bags, I used to have one bag and that was it, not a seperate bag for each item of tackle.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.