Using a line clip

Paul

Hi

I understand that a line clip gives you good accuracy, what I don't understand is how do you cope when a big fish runs and it hit's the line clip, as if you take of the line clip you have lost your length and if you don't your liable to get snapped. Or do you cast out hit the line clip, quickly reel in X times so you have some line before the line clip so if you do hook a fish you'll have X yards to try and get it under control before it reaches the line clip, and as long as you remember how many turns of the reel you do you'll get it in the same spot, but doing it that way won't all the bait come out the feeder?

Thanks

Paul

IPB Image

What you want to do is cast to your spot (and if it takes 20 casts so be it!) and then clip up. Next tie a bit of soft braid or thin pole elastic onto the line just above the line clip, using a sliding stop knot. Reel in, put some bait on and cast back out (making sure you're standing in the same place and aiming in the right direction - choose a far bank marker). When the rig is in place, take the line out of the clip. So now you're in the right spot and fishing normally.

When you need to recast, clip up before reeling in. If you forget or catch a fish, either do a false cast away from your spot and clip up again next to your braid/pole elastic, or open the bailarm and walk up the bank until you get to the braid/elastic, and clip up again. Then reel in and you're ready to go again :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You can do it your way. What I do is to count the number of reel turns once you are happy with the distance you want to fish at. Then if you do need to unclip all you do is cast past the spot you were fishing, clip up again and count the reel turns. Cast out a second time to the new clip put the bail arm over unclip and count back so that you have the number of turns you started with.

Hope you can understand that! :D

What i do is just cast to where you want to fish and tie some pole elastic about 10 foot beyond your end eye. when you cast now just aim beyond your chosen spot and when you hear the clatter of the elastic going through your eyes put your finger on your spool and stop the line. With a little practice you can get good and stop your cast with the elastic 10 feet beyond your end eye and in the same spot every time. :thumbs:

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep