Rutland tomorrow - boat partner?

Anderoo

Thanks again Andrew.

We had a great day, the weather wasn't too bad and I was made to feel really stupid at the bites I was missing!!! One of them I felt the bite, my rod tip bent over, I felt the fish kick and for some reason my body decided not to bother striking!!! I've never had so much fun being made to feel stupid and frustrated :-D

Already trying to think about when I might be able to fish there again.

It's the only type of fishing I do where a missed bite makes me laugh out loud :D

Especially when you then lower the lure and miss another bite and while you're laughing you miss another bite...

And then don't get any more hits for half an hour making you wonder whether you're doing it all wrong and think you will never get another bite again :)

Edited by Anderoo
  • Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Slightly off topic or at least venue I spent the day vertical jigging from my kayak on the Thames today fished a fry pattern small paddle tail on a 10 grm jig head and had the best fun fishing in yonks ,missed a few a few fell off but did manage some good Perch to maybe 2 and half but more important to me was the numbers and the electric up the arm feel of the hits/plucks/misses etc

Managed the full house of Perch,Chub and Pike must of had well over a 100 stripeys

I had a net full of lives but stayed out in the yak jigging coz it was just so much fun and the numbers of fish , had some good Perch lately with a few 3s to 3,10 but this was far more fun if smaller fish

Tomorrow Matthew I will be mainly vertical jigging Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Sounds amazing Steve! What kind of areas are you finding the perch if you don't mind me asking?

Earlier in sept they had a kayak trial at Rutland, rather then than me in a water that size, but then I guess they fish in the sea! Might be worth keeping an eye open for another day if you fancy that.

By the way, do you need fishfinfer batteries? I have 2 brand new 7ah batteries, unused, that I don't need - want to take them off my hands?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music