well done gary smith

captain cojones

i picked up and read a copy of the september issue of the easyjet magazine, on a trip back home to alicante on sunday.

there was a 3 page article in there written by anglers net member gary smith.

nice one gary! well written, interesting, and bound to get a lot more people trying out the sport.

:thumbs::clap:

What was the article about? And how did you know he was an Anglers' Net member?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What was the article about? And how did you know he was an Anglers' Net member?

hi elton, it was about kayak fishing.i know hes a member as hes posted on here,havent seen him on for a while though.

cheers dave. :thumbs:

il see if i can find a post of his and mail him

Edited by captain cojones

Hi Dave.

How are you matey ?

I remember Gary ( Pescador ) he posted on here a while back.

Nice chap.......his site is now a mine of information for anyone wanting to fish over there.

There is detailed info on places, tactics, sea, shore, river, fly, you name it, even local baits to use.

He was also offering Kayak Fishing Hollidays.

His site is well worth a look at, good luck to him.

Bill.

hi bill, im fine thanks! nice to hear from you!

i thought well done to him, hes obviously worked hard, and make a good success of what hes doing.

the 3 page article though, will be seen by millions, as i belive that mag is on their planes for a month.

good publicity for kayak fishing (and him) or what!! :)

Thank you Dave and Bill for your kind words.

The article in the Easy Jet magazine was actually written by a chap called Marcus Waring. He is a sports journalist based in Madrid. He contacted me as he is constantly searching for new sports to cover and enjoyed himself so much he stayed three extra days and his girlfriend drove down to sample it all also.

My article in the glossy Spanish fishing magazine Trofeo Pesca also went down very well here and the interest is growing fast in kayak fishing.

However I have exhausted most aspects of fishing down here, fly, coarse, shore, kayak, spinning etc and the red tape has been daunting regarding permissions, licensing and what have you.

I have been successful winning two Spanish surfcasting competitions outright and finishing second in the kayak fishing tournament, does not sound a lot over five years but to me it is a success knowing the skill levels of those I have competed against!

I am just in the final stages of planning a long fishing tour of the UK. So speaking from my journalist side we have come up with the idea of travelling throughout the UK in a new Nissan Navara and twin axle caravan visiting caravan sites with fishing lakes, writing, filming and photographing a diary type experience of my fishing, alone and with others for the Spanish and English press I write for here. I am in the process of contacting as many caravan sites with fishing lakes as I can find to see if they would welcome me to visit and am also trying to find a caravan that has a strong enough roof to carry a Malibu X Factor as the 4x4 roof will be full with roof box and rod tubes!

We are due to come over in a couple of weeks, I will be bringing all four Malibu X Factors and a RTM Tango Pesca on the trailer which will be put in store so I can take just one with me on tour. I hopefully will be able to sample at least some freshwater fishing from the yak, pike interest me a lot, and would gratefully receive any knowledge of waters you know about.

Thank you once again.

Gary Smith

Crowle North Lincolnshire UK / Maldives / Puerto De Mazarron Murcia Spain

Gary Smith Fishing

Maldives Fishing Holidays

Fishing 7 Lakes

hi gary, sounds like you have worked very hard for your success. congratulations! i thought the article was very well written whoever did it!

might be an idea to put details of your trip onto the coarse fishing part of the site.i expect you would get more replies.

i cant give you any tips im afraid, been away from there a long time.

good luck anyway. cheers dave. :thumbs:

Thanks Dave

am working very hard to make this tour work and as I am sure you are aware it should make good reading at least for those of you lucky .... left out here in the sun. As I have said though it is obvious that it is time for something new and I am looking forward to the challenge. I just hope there is a little bit of help along the way!

Gary Smith

Crowle North Lincolnshire UK / Maldives / Puerto De Mazarron Murcia Spain

Gary Smith Fishing

Maldives Fishing Holidays

Fishing 7 Lakes

Hi Gary.

Mark Crame is your man for Pike, :thumbs:

Very helpfull chap, who fishes some great waters.

Im sure he would be pleased to offer you some help, and would proberbly like to fish with you too.

As Dave has already said, may be worth posting on the Course section aswell.

Good Luck to you.

Bill