Winter Fishing

cannonfodder

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I look forward to fishing in the winter. However, the weather tends to be more unsettled making days afloat over the marks I want to fish harder to come by.

what do your wear on your feet/hands to stop the cold? do you wear flotation suits or thermal suits with a life jacket?

i know what its like in January, February from shore fishing, 5 mins of bitter cold and your extremities go numb!

btw how the hell do you go for a pee in a kayak?

Hi CF I was thinking about this too so would be interested in the answers plus would you be interested in meeting up for a fishing session as with everything safety in numbers !! (especially winter time)

for winter fishing you realy need a dry suit breathable fabric is best if you were to take a dunk in a floatation suit it would offer no real protection form getting wet as for peeing get one with front zip i have also heard of people sliping flask down dry suit job done then empty :lol:

I wear a dry suit with suitable undergarments. I also wear a heat belt which warms the kidney area for 5 hours - alternatively take a hot flask or paddle around a bit to generate some heat if you're feeling cold. Anchoring from the stern with the wind coming from behind can help stave off the cold. Its not just winter though, it can get cold fishing at night even in summer. Nighttime temps are dropping already.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I love fishing the winter as much as spring/summer. I wear a dry suit and thermals then just the usual hat and gloves.

As for taking a leek, well thats what scupper holes are for :D

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Why would you take a vegetable on board Taff :rolleyes:

To block the scupper holes of course :rolleyes:

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

for winter fishing you realy need a dry suit breathable fabric is best if you were to take a dunk in a floatation suit it would offer no real protection form getting wet as for peeing get one with front zip i have also heard of people sliping flask down dry suit job done then empty :lol:

if you buy the freedom angler it comes with a portable toilet in the way of the drinks bottle straped to the front :drunk: