I want this Pike !

deanbmw

I used a pole for the first time on friday,due to thick weed and lillys makeing casts hard,in my swim the back of my caravan. happly bagging up on the perch all week the swim went a bit slow. then as i was bring in the frist perch for a hour and half a 3ft pick like a rottwiler with fins shot out and got it ,Yes it was a brown lump in the pants job lay still and with a twich of the head the line went .... my mate spotted it on sunday in the swim and as i tryed lures and spinners but as the water is so shallow (bout 3ft in the middle and only a bout 7ft wide ) and full of weed this seemed inpractical . what we want is to catch it and release it in the marina where it can swim with the other big pike and terrorize the roach. I ve had a load of jack pike on the waggler with lob worm , would a propper pike go for it or do they just go for fish and anglers fingers. the tackle i use is good strong tackle and not some argos before people think "here we go he wants a pike on duff gear"

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Hi deanbmw, are you talking about catching the pike in one water and returning it to another? If you are, then be careful because it's not legal!

[ 15. June 2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Pangolin ]

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

I don't know - I had a 7lb14oz Pike on the pole at Wingham fishing lob. Lost a much bigger one on lob on the carp rod later as well. The Pike didn't fight as hard as the 2lb10oz Perch I'd had earlier though, I just gently led it over the net after a very short fight - I'm not sure it knew what was going on with a pull from directly above.

Pike can ofter be 'coaxed' to the net. Someone I used to speak to on the 'net used to do the same sort of things with smoothounds and tope

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

no i dont fish a pole just had a dabble with it the week end ...

the water i want to put it in is connected to my swim

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

I would leave the little Pike exactly where it is. If its managed to live this long, it would be unfair to throw more life challenges at it. Chances are, it wuld get munched by a bigger Pike....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

dean,if you do catch this pike dont move it mate,thats her home, she knows were her food is and where shes safe, leave her be,better still, wait till winter or the heat dies off,and all the weed dies back pre-bait,use you approriate gear and catch ya self a biggie!(plus she go back alot safer in the colder weather.

[ 16. June 2004, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!