Ugh! why does it always rain on me :)

poledark

Snug as a bug under the brolly...out of the wind...and a hailstorm starts.

Alarm screams..........I,m gonna get wet..............

What a mess...

200709261510581.jpg

21lbs of angry fish, didn't like being bullied into the net..pretty fish though :)

Can't wait to get back for more :) :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Cheers Jan..

Goose, yes it was, lovely yellow blending to deep orange down by tail area, and a rainbow like sheen on the flanks. Pity about the hail, I would have got a better pic for the record :)

What I didn't put in first post, is that I was fishing to the rushes in the background and had clipped up................................you can guess where I am going can't you :) ................................................ Forgot to unclip........................

By the way, the pole sticking out behind me is for the kingfisher to land on :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Cheers Jan..

Goose, yes it was, lovely yellow blending to deep orange down by tail area, and a rainbow like sheen on the flanks. Pity about the hail, I would have got a better pic for the record :)

What I didn't put in first post, is that I was fishing to the rushes in the background and had clipped up................................you can guess where I am going can't you :) ................................................ Forgot to unclip........................

By the way, the pole sticking out behind me is for the kingfisher to land on :)

Den

Nice fish and pic Den, where was it you was fishing, anywhere near Canterbury?? looks a nice mature lake,I have been looking around the area for some nice quiet spots, since I moved down from Essex.

Nice and mature....actually was two heavily overgrown and silted lakes. Dug out and made into one 12 acre lake 5 years ago.

Maturing well, all the reeds and willows planted around the lake are growing well, allders as well, and gradually all the swims are becoming "private"

No mud, all swims gravelled and level, car parks within 200 yards or so.

Well stocked with fish from 6lbs up to 26lbs, but some of thse have topped 30lbs (I have had three of them :) )

There is also some evidence that there was a successful spawning the first year, as a group of 3 to 4 lb fish showed up last year.

Has a reputation as a runs water, mainly by those who don't fish it :) Like all gravel pits, it switches on and off, the thrre in the net fish were caught there, he ended the session (48 hours) with 12 up to 28+. The guy who followed him in for 48 blanked, so did the next one (and he is no mug)

Others on the lake also blanked, except me :) I lost one and landed one, and yesterday had 4 (biggest in pic)

I won't divulge any secrets, but don't bother with boilies :)

Mid Kent Fisheries, Loggies lake, but check out there website

Den